Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Broja played in his best position all season and scored 2 goals more than Gordon did who pretty much played rarely his best position in around the same amount of games/minutes, they're pretty much the same age and same amount of experience, let that sink in.

Gordon - no end product flog him he's crap.

Broja - gonna be world class sign him

Chelsea who have no forwards are desperate to get one rather than keep this lad, Chelsea who jsbe tons of attacking mids/wingers are desperate to get Gordon.

Let that sink in.

Broja played in his best position all season and scored 2 goals more than Gordon did who pretty much played rarely his best position in around the same amount of games/minutes, they're pretty much the same age and same amount of experience, let that sink in.

Chelsea who have no forwards are desperate to get one rather than keep this lad, Chelsea who jsbe tons of attacking mids/wingers are desperate to get Gordon.

Let that sink in.

The reality is, they are both talented young players, who have huge potential.

Easy to see why Chelsea would want Gordon.

Let that sink in.
When did Gordon not play his best position?

Broja is also 2 years younger.

When did Gordon not play his best position?

Broja is also 2 years younger.

Broja born Sept 10 2001
Gordon born Feb 24 2001

Less than 7 months between them mate - not sure how you make it two years there.

When did Gordon not play his best position - well both games this season for starters mate unless you think he's a center forward.
And last season he played a lot of games from the right - some from the left, general perception is he's better from the left, so yup anytime he started right he's not in his best position. Stats kinda support his performance is notably better when he plays left btw, go check them out if you like.

But if you wanna be pedantic about it, he started left and right side, they both can't be his best position can they mate?

Before we get too carried away in the insanity remember:

1) we have strengthened our defense with two low cost signings and have 2 signings from last winter showing signs of progression
2) We have strengthened our midfield by signing both an experienced player (Gana - I know, not done yet but i am glass half full this second) and a young player with massive potential (Onana) while at the same time a player we all left for dead (Iwobi) appears reborn under Lampard
3) We haven't sold Gordon yet and if we do it appears it will be for an absurd amount
4) We appear to have both a main striker target (Broja) and several alternative and/or depth options (Maupay, Guirassy, Brerton, Adams and the like) but have not made any stupid moves that interfere with the pursuit of the primary target. If the alternatives start coming of the board and we don't act that would be the proper time to be concerned - can't be left without a chair when the music stops
5) We seem to be getting rid of Dele and hopefully a few others as well

On the down side:
1) We sold Richie
2) We signed McNeil (not a terrible thing in and of itself, I'm just not sure what the ultimate plan for him is)
3) We are forfeiting points early due to the lack of a capable striker and may well rue the loss of those points later in the year
4) Our players pick up injuries seemingly by simply going outside

All in all though this can still end well if not very well.
How very dare you!

Putting forward a sensible balanced view here....This is a place for pigheaded polarised opinions.

Fwiw.... agree with most of what you say. Not sure we're forfeiting points though. We've played better than last season, albeit / despite without an available striker (through bad luck or bad management). Perhaps, the plan hasn't changed from the outset (ie. Strengthen the attack), but circumstances have brought it more into focus. A freak injury to DCL in training is IMO somewhat unforeseeable (unless you're an underwriter). If he'd made it through the opening few weeks, none of this would be so extreme. Points perhaps also different.

Richie was/ is unfortunately a necessity, much like why we're scrabbling around now, trying to build a squad that fits lampards vision (i.e. Dele going IMO). I'm alright with that AND with waiting.

The Gordon situation, is as I see it, perhaps Chelsea taking advantage of the aforementioned misfortune to DCL.... What comes of it, we'll see. Again, I can see positives and negatives of selling him.

It's transfer time. Let's all buckle in, salivate and fume in equal measure and see where the rollercoaster takes us.

It's why I love being a blue.....nil satis with boredom.

Status
Not open for further replies.