Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

I mean, if the plan was to sell Gordon and use the money to buy a quality striker and a quality left winger (say Broja and Terrier), then I guess Januzac as an extra option for the right side kind of works- you don't want to dilute the quality of the two main signings by having to spread the money too thinly. He doesn't raise the level on his own but it's a signing that could serve some purpose.
I think this is very depressing personally. We are struggling to negotiate with our tiny transfer budget and have had to settle for more low hanging fruit

Whats it going on Dave?

I mean, theres a whole list of things to go at Moshiri for, but not spending money defo doesnt make the list.
It wont be spent - to get back onside with the PL and FFP - where Everton tbf took the piss.

If Gordon goes for say £50M then expect £10M spent and the rest banked.

That the board are still here is a travesty. No need to wait to judge until end of window, they’ve done enough to ruin Everton in the past few years and only the fans digging them out prevented a catastrophic relegation.

There'll be a massive negative net spend here this summer. The cash off Richarlison + Gordon is likely to be well over £100M (maybe a fee for others too like Begovic) and I cant see Everton spending £60M of it.

Moshiri must think that the Benitez thing last season was largely responsible for the relegation nightmare and that having a popular manager in and a few new faces the club will keep in the PL with ease. That's going to be severely tested even if we do get a halfways decent striker in.

Status
Not open for further replies.