Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couple of points
Last window Utd froze us out on a deal and it's happened again plus Arsenal. Why do we pick clubs who have no intention of doing business with us - its so thick from us.

Second , both these clubs and managers should have there cards marked for the future no matter who they go on to manage.
Bill signed us up to a terrible phone contract. We can only call UK numbers, far to expensive to phone any other club outside of the UK

That’s a very good point and one that has been overlooked I think. Carlo was very confident of available funds and even Benitez seemed to think there were a few more coming in.

Either we didn’t see this coming - which would be mental even for us - or we had been banking on a big sale, which could only really have been Richy, DCL or maybe Digne.

Part of me harps back to the sudden withdrawal of interest in Max Aarons.
We were supposedly quite far down the line with Norwich on that for a summer arrival.
It then just dropped like a stone.

Maybe Carlo pulled out knowing he was going?
Maybe the club were banking on a big sale which will have been more accepted by the fan base with Carlo in charge?
Maybe the club see Benitez as short term and don't want to back him?

Either way we're now stuck with a manager not many wanted, who vas started off tremendously but isn't being backed.

Knowing Benitez he will make it known too if certain things promised haven't materialised.
What a mess.
Fingers crossed for some luck with injuries and illness this season.

The worrying thing is our direct rivals, Leicester and West Ham have added some serious players. They are our competition for P6. if we dont add quality, we will fall even more behind. Then there is Wolves and Villa, who also added. Then there is Brighton. If Everton dont make a significant move, we might fall even further, and make adding players even more difficult.

Aside of that, can someone explain what is happening with Siggurdson? If he aint playing, can we terminate the contract?

I'm going to say it before the dust has settled on the transfer window.. more important that signing new players was changing the way we played and getting more out of the crop of players who have cost us a fortune!

I started questioning Carlo in November already and we went further and further into our shells.
With Gray we have brought in serious pace and seemingly some end product.. with just him we can see how much more dynamic we already are. We were never that far behind looking at our personnel, we just played like we didn't believe we could compete.

We could bring in whoever we wanted, without a change in our play none of it would have mattered. I'm excited to see more what this very expensively assembled group of players could do with a proper coach/manager pushing them on.

Status
Not open for further replies.