Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
My only hope is that being frugal this summer will allow spending next summer, where we will pick up the targets identified in this window, such as Richarlison leaving and being replaced by Diaz, Patterson replacing Coleman etc.
Even though it's been disappointing we need to become more sustainable in our transfers and if there isn't a viable target available, not just going out and buying anyone to fill a gap.
Hopefully also players like Kenny and Gordon get game time (fortunately or unfortunately) with the future proof of increasing value to sell for decent money, just like the RS do with their youths that aren't going to make it! Going out on loans hasn't done anything for their market value or publicising their talents.

I'm not there yet
It just doesn't compute really mate

There's no reason why James couldn't play on the right side of an attacking three if the set up behind him was right. Three in midfield.

It's an option to change to for some games, an in others it could be in-game and then in others not at all. And he can of course fit in as the '10' if there is pace either side of him.

It's down to good coaching and tactical nous. Both of which Premier League managers should have.

We also have an awful record with injuries so it's highly unlikely we'll ever have all of our squad fit at once.

Only as an example of we kept hold of Richalrison DCL Digne despite failing abysmally, and then went and added four top quality signings ok top of that for Ancelotti. We’ve then retains all of those players for Benitez. At some point a mid table enterprise not playing European football is going to have to sell a crown Jewell to keep buying.

Leicester seem to be pretty good
at selling key players replacing them and not becoming worse.

Very poor if you ignore the fact that I said Rondon was back on. Nkonkou going out on loan.

The fact I clearly stated several times that our incomings depends on our outgoings.

The fact I stated that people will be disappointed as Rafael wanted to work with what we already had.

I can't help the fact that some clubs turned down our approaches.
There is no denying the fact you are an absolute top rate nob.

Only Aresnal seem to come close to how badly run we are really.

I won`t include the likes of Newcastle in that, as Ashley does just enough to keep them in the league every year ( mostly ).

As that`s his only goal, they`re actually run quite well, as much as their fans don`t like it.

It's horrific and people are intent on blaming Walsh/Koeman.

They might have started the fire, but boy have the rest kept it burning.

We've already got rid of Kean, Bernard, Pennington, Bolasie, Baningame, Walcott, Sandro, Niasse, and Besic, and after this season we'll also lose Tosun, Sigurdsson, Delph and hopefully Kenny too. James will also leave on the summer at the latest, Richarlison no doubt too. Tens of millions saved.

Grea looks to be an inspired signing, and him, Rondon and Townsend all on two-year deals (the third year for Rondon will be our option which we'll obviously not take him up on, especially since Benitez won't be here in two years anyway). No big issues with those players getting two seasons.

If Gray performs well hopefully he'll earn an extra two years before he enters his final year on his current deal.

Shame that we've got two years of Davies left, and 4 years of both Iwobi and Keane, but apart from that we'll be in much, much, much, MUCH better shape this time next season.

The club can't go on throwing money down the pan at the rate they have been. It's just terrible that nobody has been held accountable for it. Instead of being fired for his ineptitude, Brands was given a place on the board. Nobody has any idea what he even does, it's all very baffling.

I know we're treading water right now, but money we make on Richarlison next season and all the wages saved, along with possible sales of a few of Gomes, Mina/Keane/Holgate/Davies/Iwobi, we should be able to do some good things next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.