"Everton that......"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree it appears like that but is that because we're watching when they break their duck because we watch Everton. Would West Ham fans be filled with dread if the commentator mentioned an oppo player hasn't scored in 10 hours?.

No, if you trawl through each season there are always occasions when we gift teams a blessing and release them from their curse.

We're like the bloke who carries the Christ's cross us... tits basically.

Spend 20 years waiting around for a billionaire, then hire Walsh to spend his money.

Everton that.

You could have made reference to Walsh just being a former school teacher with no real experience of a DOF role to labour your point.

But ok that is football.

Burnley under Dyche had never come from behind to win until yesterday, the epitome of "Everton that". Is "Everton that" a myth or based in reality?. Do other teams suffer the same only we don't take interest?.
*.*

Been that way for years. Any striker going through a lean patch, plays us, scores. Teams likewise. We are the demon anti-stats.

Back in the spring of ‘85 we were neck and neck with Spurs in the Title race.

Spurs were coming to Anfield.

The standing joke for years and years beforehand, every time they came here to play them, that Spurs had not won at The Pit since before the Titanic sank.....1912.

What happened on the day we needed that stat to stay true?

Why, Spurs won of course :)

Everton, that :rant:

Was it Danny Graham for Swansea who hadn't scored for a year then got one against us at Goodison when someone else's shot which was going wide hit his ankle as he was facing away from goal and went in?

Just seems to be us, teams on losing streaks beat us, new strikers score on there debut or 1st ever goal against us.
John Stead scores every time he played at Goodison couldn’t hit a barn door anywhere else
Stead.
That's the player who's name I was searching for as soon as I started reading this thread.
The converse to all of this doom and gloom is that it would be the "Everton" thing, for us to snotter City or even better, the RS.

Stead.
That's the player who's name I was searching for as soon as I started reading this thread.
The converse to all of this doom and gloom is that it would be the "Everton" thing, for us to snotter City or even better, the RS.
More likely we beat City which gives the RS the title

Back in the spring of ‘85 we were neck and neck with Spurs in the Title race.

Spurs were coming to Anfield.

The standing joke for years and years beforehand, every time they came here to play them, that Spurs had not won at The Pit since before the Titanic sank.....1912.

What happened on the day we needed that stat to stay true?

Why, Spurs won of course :)

Everton, that :rant:

Remember that, great example.

If a player hasn't scored for a long period and comes up against us. put his photo on the dressing room wall and say if this f***** scores you lot loose your days of for a month. Would soon get a reaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back