Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
nah, still think when he had a crazy signing splurdge in the 2000s and signed the likes of lukaku was a good window.

Or did he get piennar and arteta in the same window as jags? I'm confused.

Either way one of them, but not the fellaini one, because that was crap.

I remember thinking at the time, in 2006, when we signed Howard, Lescott and Johnson, that the transfer window had been been decent.

It addressed three obvious weaknesses in the side and was the foundation of the next three years of relative success - finishing 6th, 5th, 5th and reaching the FA Cup final.

I remember thinking at the time, in 2006, when we signed Howard, Lescott and Johnson, that the transfer window had been been decent.

It addressed three obvious weaknesses in the side and was the foundation of the next three years of relative success - finishing 6th, 5th, 5th and reaching the FA Cup final.
may be that one. I get confused about what exact year we signed all the team, piennar and arteta being even more deceitful being loans first.

but yeah, that summer was the one where i genuinely got excited for the future, and it began with a 3-0 derby win as i moved into my student accommodation. Year later we had yakubu and nearly done it, so close yet so far.

...I can't understand why anybody would want to lose what he's brilliant at, creating chances in a team that lack creativity. The only issue is that RK appears to like his wingers to play narrow which doesn't really play to Deulofeu's strengths.
Not sure, he played a lot of great through balls last season, as well as beating his his man and getting a cross in.

I think he can do either role well

DXiEV6.gif

lol

Don't the RS use that video in their "Opposition 18 yard box" training?

Not sure, he played a lot of great through balls last season, as well as beating his his man and getting a cross in.

I think he can do either role well

....we're going off topic a bit in this thread but I recall his assists record was up there with the very best last season until he got 'rested'. It's his crosses from wide that are so productive but let's leave it there.

Really? I think most other people will recognise that description.
I mean I think barkley's skillset is basically half of a great player and certainly not a box to box midfielder

he's quick on the turn, fast, and can put together safe passes but struggles with through balls and 'creative' passing. he's also a tricky dribbler and can finish, but he's terrible in the air, in a tackle and positionally. I don't see how this adds up to a box to box type

....we're going off topic a bit in this thread but I recall his assists record was up there with the very best last season until he got 'rested'. It's his crosses from wide that are so productive but let's leave it there.
Definitely better as a winger, but also productive coming inside.
I can't even remember what this thread was about.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back