Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barkley-----Besic
--Del----Calhanoglu ----Yarm
----------Lukaku----------
Just saying lads....but that's decent

Cant see Barkley dropping back yet... I think unless we have a major change of philosophy under the current regime i think he will stay further up the pitch.

Does make me wonder though, if we where ever in for Yarmolenko - if we now have the funds if he will still be the number one target.

Cant see Barkley dropping back yet... I think unless we have a major change of philosophy under the current regime i think he will stay further up the pitch.

Does make me wonder though, if we where ever in for Yarmolenko - if we now have the funds if he will still be the number one target.

Tbh I'm just not sure Yarm is exactly what we need. He's a very good player but he plays so much out on the right and I'm not sure if he's the 'playmaker' we're after.

Ideally that would be somebody who can play wide left and off the striker for me.

As a side note, I do think Lennon proved the other day he is now capable of filling in in that 'Pienaar' role on the left, purely because his link up play is so good. That does give us another option there.

Tbh I'm just not sure Yarm is exactly what we need. He's a very good player but he plays so much out on the right and I'm not sure if he's the 'playmaker' we're after.

Ideally that would be somebody who can play wide left and off the striker for me.

As a side note, I do think Lennon proved the other day he is now capable of filling in in that 'Pienaar' role on the left, purely because his link up play is so good. That does give us another option there.

Yep - am not sure Yarmolenko will be priority number one this summer to be perfectly honest. I think last year, this is totally in my opinion, we where after him as we realised he would be a big name signing available for below his market value with his contract expiring. Testing the waters in January was more of an exercise i feel.

There is more obvious requirements in our squad at the moment.

Yep - am not sure Yarmolenko will be priority number one this summer to be perfectly honest. I think last year, this is totally in my opinion, we where after him as we realised he would be a big name signing available for below his market value with his contract expiring. Testing the waters in January was more of an exercise i feel.

There is more obvious requirements in our squad at the moment.

Yep agree. A real 'playmaker' to take the weight off Barks and Del at times and who can play either No.10 or on either flank,

Yep agree. A real 'playmaker' to take the weight off Barks and Del at times and who can play either No.10 or on either flank,

My preference this summer still is Goalie, top class centre mid, replacement for Pienaar (like you say playmaker who can play out on the wing), Striker (remains to be seen if thats niasse or not).

Then depending on outgoings, who we need to replace.

I think after Saturday one area of squad I'd look at are two youngish conventional full backs who can also add some aerial cover at setpieces. No criticism of current full backs but it will allow for a plan b

I think after Saturday one area of squad I'd look at are two youngish conventional full backs who can also add some aerial cover at setpieces. No criticism of current full backs but it will allow for a plan b

We need someone to push Coleman thats without a doubt - I think he has been poor this year, that might be partly down to the fact there is no competition for that spot.

Some right "chat" on here ! We lose many more games and we're in danger of getting sucked in to a relegation battle, see where your Cahanoglu (spelling) or Yarmalenko are then !!

My preference this summer still is Goalie, top class centre mid, replacement for Pienaar (like you say playmaker who can play out on the wing), Striker (remains to be seen if thats niasse or not).

Then depending on outgoings, who we need to replace.

Aye agree.

Though I honestly think we should prioritise (assuming no major outgoings other than Kev) a playmaker, a goalie and a right back.

As you said back up striker depends on progress of Niasse but we do also have Rodriguez and Tarashaj.

And top class centre mids are very hard to come by mate and are all at the best clubs. We have one in the making in Besic so I'd rather play him and McCarthy (who showed how good he is as a defensive mid on Saturday) together, with Barry as cover and Cleverley as the utility player.

Then make a move for a youngster like Cook who is already capable and won't cost the world.

The Tielmens shout is okay but he'd cost £20mil at least and tbh and I think we need other areas that need addressing first.

Some right "chat" on here ! We lose many more games and we're in danger of getting sucked in to a relegation battle, see where your Cahanoglu (spelling) or Yarmalenko are then !!

Or we win more games and win the FA Cup... :)

As long as the team show the same recovery from Saturday's set back as they did from the semi-final defeat, we'll be fine

We need someone to push Coleman thats without a doubt - I think he has been poor this year, that might be partly down to the fact there is no competition for that spot.
I think we've become more fluid in front of him as well which doesn't always suit him. I'd quite like to see him used as a wing back a lot more with Del or Lennon tucking in

Aye agree.

Though I honestly think we should prioritise (assuming no major outgoings other than Kev) a playmaker, a goalie and a right back.

As you said back up striker depends on progress of Niasse but we do also have Rodriguez and Tarashaj.

And top class centre mids are very hard to come by mate and are all at the best clubs. We have one in the making in Besic so I'd rather play him and McCarthy (who showed how good he is as a defensive mid on Saturday) together, with Barry as cover and Cleverley as the utility player.

Then make a move for a youngster like Cook who is already capable and won't cost the world.

The Tielmens shout is okay but he'd cost £20mil at least and tbh and I think we need other areas that need addressing first.

The Tielemans shout is sound - but we aren't going to get him. So whenever thats brought up i try to gloss past it. In my opinion he would be a starter for us pretty soon after joining and getting to the pace of the league, but we won't get him.

I don't know who the answer is to our centre mid problems, the one thing i know is we need a top class midfielder in there. Besic has potential, but right now i feel he flutters in-between great and poor and his injury record isn't filling me with great optimism for a 50 game a season midfielder. Am not sure the answer, but I am sure the scouting system at the club can uncover that midfielder, especially with potential funds we should have this summer.

I would like to bring Cook in anyway, we should still be looking at the top young players across Europe and bringing them in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back