Match Thread Everton v Arsenal - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Your Everton MOTM vs Arsenal

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently he's back training this week. He certainly isn't match fit, and he hadn't been playing well before this spell out.

It might work for us if they do rush him back in.

I just watched the match again, with a lot less stress. One thing that has been missing for so long, we’d foul them on the counter. On Saturday, We’d try anything to drop the player from countering. The amount of terrible goals we’ve let in over the last few years because we’re not willing to take a yellow has been ridiculous. It made me happy watching us try to kick and pull them to the ground on the half way like
Exponentially better than our previous tactic of standing off in midfield before finally committing the foul on the edge of the box.

I would definitely fancy us if VD is still out. But knowing our luck he'll be back and transform them into a functional defence again.

Any word if he's back?
He's not expected back until the following week!
Obviously they're better defensively at home this season but still a bit ropey
We need to go at them, the teams that have done well are going for it
They will create chances as always but will give up a few too

Yes as big Sam was our only modern manager who left us much better than he started you think the board would have seen the light as to the type of manager we needed
Agree. Whilst I didn't align Dyche to Alladyce, 16th to 8th in 3/4 of a season or less is the kind of transition we need now.

How'd you rate the Leeds game? I saw effort, chances, a clean sheet 1-0 win from a squad he's had 2 weeks with and didn't choose.

How's that rate against the overall accomplishments of:

• Martinez, utter disorganisation of defence (but thanks for Lukaku) - on track for relegation
  • Koeman (thanks for nothing and 10s of millions of waste) - on track for relegation
  • Silva (thanks for Richy!), Ancelotti (James and the slow Brazilian at the back?) - on track for relegation
  • Ancelotti - couldn't wait to bail, no long terms improvement to squad, but got more of a tune from DCL
  • Lamps - kept us up, respected fans - on track for relegation
We need grit and snide we had under Moyes, but I think Dyche can deliver that and work with the bit of extra cash here (vs Burnley) to perhaps play the sort of football we'd like too. Their transation back to the Prem (as they did twice under Dyche) speaks volumes for the strength of culture he can help create that we've lacked since Moyes.

I question this, personally. Edit, not questioning your experience, just it is different to mine.
I've heard the odd idiot yelling foul stuff at games. An Everton scrote away at Fulham game actually punched me in the back of the head twice during the game (each time pretending to celebrate when we thought we'd scored or whatever). Idiot - there's always one mind.

But nothing as a major trend as such, only at the board (and quite rightly imho).

Status
Not open for further replies.