Match Thread Everton v Aston Villa - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

MOTM vs Aston Villa

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Here's my stab at picking the team. For what it's worth.
Pickford.
Patterson........Mina......Holgate........Godfrey..
Townsend......Allen.......Doucoure.
DCL........Richarlson......Gray. ( all interchanging).

Braithewaite if fit, would be playing instead of Holgate . Onyango would be in if Allen is not fit. No passengers tomorrow ( Coleman....our new LB......Keane and Gomes). And thank fook that Iwobi is in Africa.
And believe it or not , Rondon on the bench. But not to be used unless we go 3 up. And are coasting. He can't loose us the game from a winning position. Keane and Coleman could.
Let's rock and roll. Up The Toffees.......
Would pretty much have the same but think i would have onyango maybe gbamin instead townsend to have 3 natural cm. I do think gordon could be a great player to come off the bench

There's been a buzz from pundits about Villa's football since Gerrard got there, but their results aren't great. Won one of
their last five, I think.

Coutinho is being hyped up, but he couldn't get into a struggling Barcelona team very often and he scored an easy tap in last week.

We still need to play a lot better than we have been but we have the perfect set up for it.

Bob Latchford scores Everton’s first goal against Aston Villa in this Football League Cup Final, second replay which was played at Old Trafford, Manchester on the 13th April 1977

Hoping for a win like any match. Realistically it'll likely be more of the same. Anyone will need time and transfer windows to fix the squad. Not something that can be fixed by coaching alone.

If we don't get anything from today or Newcastle we're in serious trouble.

Massive game. Nerves are through the roof here, worse than derby day nerves.

Lets get behind Dunc and the lads and turn the Old Lady into a couldran again ... Up the Toffees!

Funk me I hate Gerrard.

He knows just how to get under our skin. Please inflict misery on him Blues.

Will take a 1-0 win though. Maybe even a draw in our current state

Status
Not open for further replies.