Match Thread Everton v Aston Villa - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

MOTM vs Aston Villa

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Benitez has ruined us this season, dropped us into the relegation battle, bought two players, sold Digne then sacked a week later - he should have gone after the Derby.

We are in an absolute mess.
It's like being hit by typhoid and flux for months, and then when you crawl back to the daylight, people ask you why are you look so pale and shaky and can't work well with your shovel

Pickford the least of our worries, still, as he's still one of our better players. I agree he could be better, but realistically - we shouldn't be needing a gk to 'bail us out', as you put it, if we were actually any decent in both defence and midfield. Sadly we're not.
It isn't like we're asking the world of him. Just one single save to make.

This is not over reaction to another loss, but I honestly think that if the worst does happen, we could easily do a Sunderland and drop down further. I couldn’t see many of these players holding their own in the Championship.

No idea. Not sure that's necessarily duncs fault though after 4 days in charge.

Fitness? Psychological?
Despite the result, I saw enough in improved effort/committment to take the view that Duncan should remain in charge for the remainder of the season.
I cannot see a new manager from outside being able to do more with these players and would very likely choose to change once again the way we play causing further problems.

Objective now should be avoid relegation and make quick decisions re Manager and players as the season ends.

Not good but seems to me best option

It’s all gone very wrong. DCL reverting to Bambi on ice won’t help. Team is in free fall and they don’t look like stopping it.

Gordon was the one bright spot and has been for awhile. Should have started.

Status
Not open for further replies.