Match Thread Everton v Brentford. Preview, Match Report and MotM poll

Your Everton MOTM vs Brentford

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
About as bad a second half performance and coaching as you'll likely see.

Ignore the fact they shouldn't have had 11 on the pitch at the start of the 2nd half, we basically played like we had 8 players from the 45th minute. No desire to engage, no desire to counter, no desire to try and play.

Ripped to pieces between 45-60 minutes and not one hint of a change either tactically or via a sub.

Just absolutely awful.
Easier said than done. They would've torn us to shreds if they were given any space and we don't have players capable of keeping hold of the ball.

We should've done something about their left hand side 10 mins into the 2nd half though. All their play was going through Henry.

Terrible result. Make no mistake though we have been utterly screwed by VAR. A tool we all thought would eliminate these scenarios were a club can potentially lose its place in the league because of an incorrect ref decision. What’s the point of it? I feel sick to be honest.

If that play that resulted in a red card, didn’t end up with a red card, that penalty for the shirt pull on richy was given!
Changed the whole game! Can’t fault the team when something like that happens.

….it had happened a couple of times, Andy. The warning signs were there.

Suggests the CBs aren’t talking to each other, it’s basics.

i really don’t like 3 at the back anyway.
I've no issue about three at the back. I dont think theformation comes into play when the players in it are the ones showing their lack of intelligence.

Just basics, just pure basics that any premier league footballer young or old should be able to do.

Im petrified.

He must know he's going if he fouls him? Just let him go, Pickford may save it, toney may fluff it. Worst case its 1-1 and we're back to the start whistle scenario.

The whole thing, the whole thing that these players, such as Keane, holgdate, branthwaite are professionals sickens me.

Listen a lot to unpack in this game with caveats that inform the result, but one thing is for certain Brentford are an example of competency that we could only aspire to be. Thomas Frank and the club in entirety don't buy their way out of problems they improve scout and coach up players to be better then the sum of their parts. There is no comparison between the Franks, respective boards or DoF's to date between the clubs.

If we survive or not the tell sign is clear. Everton are poorer at coaching recruiting scouting and improving players than their competition today. Their league position is a reflection of that truth applying to the majority of the division. Until thats rectified we will continue to be underachieving which one year will be too much to overcome.

If we are in the Premier League or not the club needs a reckoning and intervention. Positivity near the end was necessary, it doesn't negate that we should have never been in this position in the first place.

About as bad a second half performance and coaching as you'll likely see.

Ignore the fact they shouldn't have had 11 on the pitch at the start of the 2nd half, we basically played like we had 8 players from the 45th minute. No desire to engage, no desire to counter, no desire to try and play.

Ripped to pieces between 45-60 minutes and not one hint of a change either tactically or via a sub.

Just absolutely awful.
I like Frank and think he will do well but I agree with everything you said. I was saying to my dad and son, I would have brought on JJK for Gomes at HT. Who knows if it would have made any difference but at least having a genuine RB at RB would be a start. Hope Frank pulls a blinder on Thursday.

??
Game was comfy.

Cant compensate for that officiating and that brainless defending from Branthwaite.

We parked the bus all game after that. What more can he do there?

Only question is Doucoure and Gomes but again, if Allans nursing an injury (he always is), he has Dele Alli left in him, who has no desire to play football.
Game was never comfy. Don't know where you get that from. We started well but there was no way we were keeping that tempo going for 90 mins.
The shirt tug was 50:50 but to some of fans it was a pen because the tug on our donkey was bigger than the tug on theirs. Then we had some inexperienced defending by Braithwaite and we were up against it. Throw in some crap from Lampard who was utterly inept in the circumstances and we got what we deserved in those two mins.
I agree you can't compensate for brain dead morons like Rondon but the game was already lost by then. Still, confident we'll stay up because Leeds will not beat Brentford at their place.

we can blame the Burnley, West Ham games etc, but the Watford game was the one they are dire at home and we should have gone full on to win that, I feel Frank was set up more not to lose than to win that one hope we don’t regret that one.
We've lost 20 games this season. The only 2 teams who can lose more have already been relegated. It's not a single game that has cost us.

Status
Not open for further replies.