Match Thread Everton v Brentford. Preview, Match Report and MotM poll

Your Everton MOTM vs Brentford

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have the pgmol come out with a statement to explain why they didn’t review the shirt tug on richarlison and ask the ref to take a look at it on the screen?
I think they were all on the roadside hoping to celebrate yesterdays FA Cup final bus parade mate so weren't actually looking

So, ref sends off Branthwaite, but is then advised to look at VAR on Richarlison, he gives the penalty. Genuinely curious what happens regarding the red card? Can it be instantly rescinded? Or is it too complicated to bother looking ?

Bottled it two games running, fully expect the same from the next 2. Players have reverted exactly to type, I said at the time should have gone all out at Watford, we`d be clear.

Leicester hit 5 there today!

just woke up and am disappointed to see that result. And I see another red card. Would it have been a red had an RS player committed the action that precipitated that punishment? I suspect not.

Hope Leeds don't win their last game. But I believe the PL want us relegated so I think they will
Just not buying this want us to be relegated. If we go down then it's absolutely on the players, or more specifically the board.

So, ref sends off Branthwaite, but is then advised to look at VAR on Richarlison, he gives the penalty. Genuinely curious what happens regarding the red card? Can it be instantly rescinded? Or is it too complicated to bother looking ?
If that happens, then yes, the red would be rescinded. But, the shirt pull was 50: 50... just looked worse on Richarlison because of the state of the shirt. They both had hold of each other though and the ref saw it as 50:50. Another ref might give it our way or even their way.

You've no idea how many times I've been called RS or had fingers given to me. You seem a reasonable bloke though so I'm happy to debate with you.

I've told you how good teams do it. And we had the players who could have done it if the man who can't be blamed had taken action instead of swigging water every time a decision was there to be made. Mark my words, Everton are going nowhere but down with this clown in charge of playing affairs.
How many times? Genuinely concerned about bullying here.

How many times? Genuinely concerned about bullying here.
Pretty much every post I make I get one or two. All started because the idiots on here saw I joined the week before the Derby and I wasn't happy with Gordan's diving and said so. They had me marked down from that point and so it has continued.

You've no idea how many times I've been called RS or had fingers given to me. You seem a reasonable bloke though so I'm happy to debate with you.

I've told you how good teams do it. And we had the players who could have done it if the man who can't be blamed had taken action instead of swigging water every time a decision was there to be made. Mark my words, Everton are going nowhere but down with this clown in charge of playing affairs.
But we don't have the players to protect a siege mentality. Lampard isn't perfect and has made mistakes im sure so far, but what else could he do rahter than just shoving an 18 year old reece welsh on? Can take off attackers and put pure bodies back and literally play a flat 6 with a flat 4 infront, sure. But morre often than not, that ersults in a defeat anynway as pure pressure takes it toll.

Benitez' whole philosophy (if you can call it that) is about defending. He couldn't do it? That was every game under no pressure, with a wider selection of players to choose from. It's the same group of players, it's the same ones who have proven themselves not good enough. We sat everybody behind the ball pretty much. We had numbers. For the most part it was working afte rhalf-term, we gave them nothing, then a set piece goes in from a weird position and the players switch off. It was Benitez' idea of parking the bus every game that has got us into this mess, the players can't do it. We also can't go gung-ho for a third either because we'd have even less back who are capable of defending.

I'm all for accountability of Lampard, he is not a perfect manager, very few are. I can't see what else he could do with that group of players today. Mina, Godfrey, Keane, Patterson (Branthwaite too at this point) all out. Delph out, Allan nursing an injury alledgedly. Kenny on the bench, proven as awful. two teenagers from the u23s on the bench.

We have to limp over the line and then if something like this occurs next season, with Lampard's choice of defnders, midfielders, attackers available to him, then fair play. I'd happily go yep, have to question it. This group, most of them under several managers have proven themselves unable to do the basics.

As bad as Benitez was, and he was bad, it was no different for him either, the players were unable to do the basics of defending. Ancelotti got a tune out of some of them for a while, but that fizzled out as well defensively. We cannot be expecting, when things havent gone our way with decisions (farcfully) that these players will bail us out.

As effortful as the team has been in the past few weeks, and I dont doubt the effort today. Pickford is the one who has really put in this position with his performancecs agianst Chelsea and Leicester. It has paperd over the cracks that these defenders cannot defend. So it comes as no surprise today that even though we sat back with numbers behind the ball, there were still gaps.

No red card as it’s a red for denying goal scoring opportunity. No opportunity if pen given.

Status
Not open for further replies.