Match Thread Everton v Brighton Hove Albion - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gomes is quite literally the worst tackling player in the entire league. It doesn't matter who comes in for him, we're better off. So while losing Allan is a blow we could be fine on the whole.

He’s not even the worst tackler in the Everton squad never mind the entire league!

We should just shut it down. No point in discussion then.

I don't need to be told this, and I'm not even suggesting Gomes shouldn't start regularly, I'm just saying I don't think losing him means as much as people are implying it does. Our midfield was utter crap last year with him in it. The reason it isn't anymore is down to Allan and James chiefly so Allan is the big loss, not Gomes.

True allan is a big loss. But gomes has played a very important role on right of midfield. His ability to switch play from left to right has been important. James does the same from other side right to left. Siggy should be able to fill in for gomes but I think gomes does a better job. Carlo does as well :)

Oh God not the "makes us tick" label

He does though! He's the one you give the ball to deep to get play moving after a turnaround in possession due to Allan or Doucoure, or as the outball from the centre-backs when in possession.

He's good at it, but he's hugely reliant on having the right players around him.

He does though! He's the one you give the ball to deep to get play moving after a turnaround in possession due to Allan or Doucoure, or as the outball from the centre-backs when in possession.

He's good at it, but he's hugely reliant on having the right players around him.

"Makes us tick lads!"

It's a meaningless piece of jargon.

Apologies to @larrygobfiend for the drive by.

2155652.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back