Match Thread Everton v Brighton & Hove Albion - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
14 in 7 from the state we were in is great.

But it will take a long time to get over last week. We were never going down. Losing on pens against leicester and then that humiliation were tough.

I hope meaningless wins between now and may dont save the senior players. Theres no pressure now. It's nice to win but our season is over.
Believe it or not there is still a chance of an Europa cup spot
Just hope Villa don’t win the Carabao cup

then don’t bring on players that the fans clearly hate, Carlo. In fact, don’t have them in the squad.
You do know he needs to pick a squad of 17
There are not 17 senior players that the fans don’t clearly hate
Not all fans but a lot of the players have groups of fans that hate them
And no the youths aren’t either good enough or ready as of yet

When Silva was there I was more focus on tactical part of the game , I think that Carlo explaIned the way how we used to play and what he want to change it in one simple sentence, we want to act not react as if we have to react that mean that we didn’t act !!!! So simple and that it what was left from Silva mentality ...... it’s take time to build winning mentality
After the Big D took the team I wasn’t worry as I new that players will dyeing trying hard at Goodison knowing how much crowd loves Big D and all blame will go to them but now all pressure its on Carlo as we have higher expectations and he managed so far brilliant.. this is a tough job for him and his team as we have 70% players without leadership skills or players who likes to have control of the game in their hands , most of the players are waiting on someone else to take a risk and go with that , very few will take responsibility and with that lack of character it’s hard to be successful , I took extra time during the last few games and focus on players and it’s shocking, The body language and efforts from Walcott , Gulfy, Mina Sidbe especially it’s horrific , Walcott it’s past tense player ( have a look in highlights what he does when that lad Trossard hit the post in second half ) ,Mina ( my grandma can move or run faster , Gulfy I don’t want to waste my time on him anymore, Sidibe ? How did we signed this guy ? Shocking , one leg player , left leg just for balance , can’t run , always behind, , looks like he is dying after 30 minutes of the game , he did assisted few times but that it from him , not good enough, sometimes I am afraid that he will simple collapse , I am not bitter that’s the simple facts , looks like we all got fooled with amount of cash that we paid for those players and we thought that we have a great team but we need total reconstruction during the summer transfer , this is why I think Carlo is brilliant as you can not do it now and you can’t go hard on those crybabies other wise can be counter effective and we can easily get in relegation zone
It will take time and a lot of cash to rebuild this team and I am pretty sure that already plan during the summer for the next season we will have probably only 50% of this team in our locker room

One thing that did surprise me after this week was the 18 players at Anfield we’re the same 18 yesterday. What hope does anyone else have.

Carlo has already realised what we have known for sometime.
Most of our squad are not good enough if we have aspirations to be a regular top 6 team, or better.

The rest of this season gives him time to start his own rebuilding project, attracting decent players and not just high earners who are here for the money.
Maybe only one or two in January, but a busy next couple of summers. It aint happening anytime soon lads. Be patient.

Just keep celebrating 1-0 home wins where we fail to get a cushion and then hang on until the final whistle.

From a Brighton perspective, gotta say you boys deserved the win this time out. Certainly developing quite the curse at Goodison!

Whilst I think both teams were far from their best, we were miles off the pace we've been trying to set ourselves under Graham Potter this season. Bernard was absolutely class I thought, really am a big fan of his, and you've certainly got a lot of class players Carlo can look forward to moulding. Just from an outsider's perspective, I think there's more reason to be optimistic about your future than pessimistic!

From a Brighton perspective, gotta say you boys deserved the win this time out. Certainly developing quite the curse at Goodison!

Whilst I think both teams were far from their best, we were miles off the pace we've been trying to set ourselves under Graham Potter this season. Bernard was absolutely class I thought, really am a big fan of his, and you've certainly got a lot of class players Carlo can look forward to moulding. Just from an outsider's perspective, I think there's more reason to be optimistic about your future than pessimistic!
I actually thought you had more points now compared to this point last season,as you seemed to be doing a bit better at times,but checking us and you are both 2 points down compared to same stage last season,both pretty much the same so far

Everton had 30 points off 22 games and in 10th [after we beat Bournemouth 2-0] -we were 11 points off 5th and 6th, now off course we are 4 points off 6th and 6 points off 5th in 11th

Brighton had 26 points from 22 games and in 13th [after liverpool beat brighton 1-0]

I actually thought you had more points now compared to this point last season,as you seemed to be doing a bit better at times,but checking us and you are both 2 points down compared to same stage last season,both pretty much the same so far

Everton had 30 points off 22 games and in 10th [after we beat Bournemouth 2-0] -we were 11 points off 5th and 6th, now off course we are 4 points off 6th and 6 points off 5th in 11th

Brighton had 26 points from 22 games and in 13th [after liverpool beat brighton 1-0]

Brighton are bang overrated this season. Everyone's on the Potter drum because of beating Spurs but they're proper average in general. You can't be 14th and have people raving about your season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back