Match Thread Everton v Chelsea. 12th Sep at 12.45.

Result?

• Everton

Votes: 205 55.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 55 14.9%
  • Chelsea all day

Votes: 34 9.2%
  • I'm only there to see us hurt them

Votes: 72 19.5%
  • I support Chelsea like

Votes: 3 0.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
To me a problem will arise in January. I can see Chelsea coming back in again with more money. So I hope again no matter how much the club sticks to it's guns and says no sale.

Call me a cynic but when I read the team sheet as I was stood in the main stand I thought it was very negative, three holding midfielders ? Now Martinez wasn't going to play Naismith but was forced into it, what would have been the result leaving Besic on ? I thought it was a tactical mistake that we didn't have Mirallas or Delofeou down the left to give Ivanovic a tough time ? "Cynic fume over"

Call me a cynic but when I read the team sheet as I was stood in the main stand I thought it was very negative, three holding midfielders ? Now Martinez wasn't going to play Naismith but was forced into it, what would have been the result leaving Besic on ? I thought it was a tactical mistake that we didn't have Mirallas or Delofeou down the left to give Ivanovic a tough time ? "Cynic fume over"

.....most folk thought the same. I think the performance was as much about application as tactics. We are a decent side, we have a decent squad who can win games regardless of who is in the starting X1 by applying themselves correctly and playing with tempo. Saturday was great, we set standards that we need to consistently match.

To me a problem will arise in January. I can see Chelsea coming back in again with more money. So I hope again no matter how much the club sticks to it's guns and says no sale.
If we're within touching distance of the top 4, there's no way we can sell him in January. It would be absolutely mad. The demand won't go away in the summer, if it turns out we're getting offers too good to turn down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back