Everton v Chelsea. 30th August at 17.30.

Who shall prevail?

• Everton!

Votes: 193 64.3%
  • Arsenal - cunningly disguised in Chelsea shirts !

Votes: 45 15.0%
  • Pipe down you beaut no one reads your [Poor language removed] previews anyway.

Votes: 62 20.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
3 games in and the defence has let us down badly jags and distin need to take a long hard luck at themselves as its there fault we only have two points instead of nine.

the officials were horrific today btw, they got so so many things wrong from both teams. i could excuse the ivanovic goal because it's too close to call to call it an error, but that lino got so many things wrong.

the FA need to do something about it. costa could have been sent off for his dive and instead the ref played on with the ball on the edge of the box and they went and scored, think it was the 5th. a dive is a foul!

One of the worst things for me is we conceded 6 in a game that was pretty even! It's not like we were under the cosh at any stage. They just scored at will.

our defence is not worse than the one that finished 2nd last season though.

guaranteed we don't have the two goalscorers they had, but we do have goals from all over the park.

mcgeady, naismith, coleman, mirallas and eto'o

have already scored for us, that's nearly half a team in 3 games - we also have the midfield options to control games.

we're still 2nd faves for 4th behind spurs imo.

On paper mate you are absolutely eight mate. But Jags left his balls of steel in Brazil and in turn Distin is looking like he's got the shits. Year on, year older, in a different mindset to where they need to be and still short if match fitness. Once again Jags, Distin and McCarthy could have been taken off from 65 minutes onwards. The defending was simply because mentally and physically we aren't sharp enough. I thought today we would but i was wrong and still look another 2 weeks away. When we do get the fitness sorted we will destroy quite a few sides.

This game shows we've got to be more ruthless progressing the squad, we seem to have to many players in the squad living on past performances that just aren't up to it anymore. Drop some of the under performing players that played today and they get replaced by worse players, what's the point of having alcaraz, hibbert, osman etc in the squad when they're getting older and their form is regressing.

More to the point why does Martinez keep buying and giving long contracts to players over 30.

Pienaar, Osman, Distin, Jags, Hibbert, Kone, Alcaraz and Barry.

At some point all their form was due to drop off. Unfortunately it's happened for all of them at the same time and it if you take those players out our squad looks very small.

I'm really just clinging on to the hope that it is down to just poor pre-season planning and hard fixtures.

McCarthy was very good again today - covered for a tiring Barry and had to cover for Jags as well. Distin was poor but Jags was just all over the place - couldn't deal with Costa. It was suicidal trying to play a high line against the pace they have in the side, but if anyone finishes above them this season they'll be the team that wins the league. Disappointing start to the season is entirely down to bad defending and

Thought we were better than Chelsea in all honesty, yet we lost 6-3, hows that happened, oh hang on, our defenders inability to defend happened, for the third game running.

Agree with the shout a few posts back, all our goals were great, Chelsea's were scrappy as apart from Costa's opener.

I see where you're coming from but we weren't better than them. It's their gameplan to let us have the ball when they went 2-0 up. Everytime we scored they went up another gear. Not many will beat that team this season.

Blame needs to be put on Distin and Jagielka but they weren't protected very well at all. If Roberto is choosing not to have wingers tracking back then he needs to play 3 in midfield to make up for that. We need to get a centre back in but we need to change our outlook on defending aswell. Doubt we'll get anyone decent in now mind. Down to you Roberto.

I thought Lukaku lost the ball nearly every time he got it. We need to smash WBA 3/4-0 and get the confidance up. We have the the midfield and full backs to take on anyone in the league on our day,but on that showing we might aswell handicap ourselves -1 before the game evens starts because if something drastic isn't done we will struggle to get one clean sheet this year.

I thought Lukaku typically looked unfit and not match ready still and carrying a knock still probably. Once he's up to speed he will be sound

I understand the frustration but Jags and Distin haven't forgotten how to defend overnight. There will be a shake up over the international break. We'll come back stronger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back