Match Thread Everton v Chelsea - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Contrary to popular belief I think we will win this. This is much more of an 'Ancelotti' fixture. Big game, big opposition, consequently I forecast a 2-1 win.
Team picks itself unless Coleman's not fit, in which case Iwobi.

Referee: Jonathan Moss.
Assistants: Marc Perry, Dan Robathan.
Fourth official: Lee Mason.
VAR: Andre Marriner.
Assistant VAR: Andy Halliday.
anyone who thinks we're gonna win, you might want to reconsider. moss, mason and marriner will do their damndest to keep the sky six at the top. I expect there to be a lot of post-match bile directed at moss and marriner after a controversial VAR decision.

Maybe its just the games I have watched but I haven't seen Jon Moss at all recently. I thought he had finally failed the ref fitness test.

Under the lights on Saturday night with a small amount of fans. Surely this should motivate our Lionhearts

Maybe its just the games I have watched but I haven't seen Jon Moss at all recently. I thought he had finally failed the ref fitness test.

Under the lights on Saturday night with a small amount of fans. Surely this should motivate our Lionhearts
As far as i can see he has not Reffed us in a league game since 1st game august last year- when he send schneiderlin off in the 0-0 at Palace
Last time he even reffed us was that cup game at Anfield and the cup game v Leicester when we lost on pens
he was the Ref for city v fulham and that man utd comeback win at saints last few weeks

Shame they aren't away tonight really they look really good right now. Our only option is to sit in and try and hit them on the break. Ironically against the better teams sometimes our players raise themselves. Having fans back may help a bit too

FFS! I suppose Martin Atkinson will be in charge of the Manure game.
You never know lol, They only seem to say these usually the day or 2 before, but so far we have had these Refs below for our cup games

Everton v Salford City - MARC EDWARDS
Fleetwood Town v Everton - JEREMY SIMPSON
Everton v West Ham - DARREN ENGLAND

Decent shout that. Hard to gauge how Carlo rates him, Captain one week then doesn't even get a start the following fixture. He's another whose level of commitment and concentration remain open to question as I see it. Needs to stand up and deliver some consistent output when the chance presents.
Not sure you can question Holgates commitment. I would say, with the obvious exception of Richarlison, Coleman and Digne he is easily the most committed amongst the rest. I’d also suggest he is our most reliable Centre-back

A bit of gamesmanship may be required to win this match, so I hope at some point during the first half Carlo sends Big Dunc into the Chelsea dressing room to steal their oranges.

Though things seem dire, I recall that last season a similarly daunting run of upcoming fixtures had lots of people here predicting that Everton wouldn't be picking up any points for weeks, and then the team went on to do quite well. Let's have some more of that, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back