Match Thread Everton v Chelsea - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Always fancy us to get something home to these. Maybe thats not very realistic at the minute but I dont see the game as a write off
We can. Because a win against Chelsea will make us annoyed to why we haven’t performed against some gick teams this season.

The reason why this bad form is lasting so long is because miraculously we have always remained a win or two from getting high up in the champions league/europa places. You all know the drill the good form only ever kicks in when we have a cushion between us and being placed. It’s the moshiri era staple.

A lot of people saying gomes had a good game against burnley. But they must have seen a different game than me. Other than a couple of nifty little bits of play, he gave the ball away frequently and offered nothing at all for us in the final third in an attacking or creative sense. And in defence he wasn't great either. Just an average player who happens to look stylish on the ball and I wouldn't play him against chelsea, I'd prob go for tom Davies

000EF837-0DBA-48B3-9ACB-B9BE306DD07B.webp

After a thumping defeat, it all proves too much for @GwladysBlue who finally self combusts after the game.

Is this our best bet currently?

Pickford
Iwobi Keane Mina Godfrey
Doucore Allan Gomez Richarlison
James
Calvert-lewin

4-4-1-1

Subs
Holgate/Davies/Sigurdson/Bernard/
Tosun/nkounkou/Olsen

We must, MUST, go with 3 central midfielders.

...we MUST defend well whilst still carrying threat. I suspect we’ll play like the away team, but if Ancelotti can finally make us hard to beat, we have got ability to score goals in the top third.

Ancelotti has to get the tactics and formation right, it’s why he’s paid the big bucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back