Match Thread Everton v Leicester City - Preview, Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
they also have a system that works and a song sheet that every single player know all the words too... plus a amanager who is capable of effecting games

we have neither

4 games ago the talk was that they wanted that manager out! There’s a lot of inconsistency below the very best teams in the league but there no doubt we are in danger of circling the drain at the minute.

I think Tosun from the start of even Richarlison up top would've caused us more problems than DCL

Calvert-Lewin at home, bar chasing a game, is hopeless. Away it's different.

Tosun is pretty poor - or has been this season at least - tbf, so really it should have been Richarlison. Hindsight's a great thing but he has to be our central player for now.

@Lob Our pass completion for the match was 74% which is both terrible and miles better than 45% or whatever nonsense you were spouting at halftime. Again you watched and saw how terrible it was when we completed 74% so imagine how unwatchable 45% would be. It basically can't happen with professionals.

I love this post. However it always strikes me when teams run into poor form there's a very good chance it will be blamed on a lack of passion! Can someone define what this lack of passion is as they all look like they are trying to me. What characteristics can be identified when watching a team that lacks passion?
I think we can accept a team that die trying. It does not look like that.

I can actually see what Marco is trying to do but it's just not coming off at the moment. A lot of it's to do with luck. Had Keane not made that glaring error and had our finishing been slightly better we would have won.

As an aside, I don't buy this view that the players are lazy and don't want to win. I've seen no evidence of that.

Keane
Walcott
Dcl
Definately weak points in the team.

Richarlisson has been poor last few games needs to be dropped.

Gomes needs a rest.

Zouma
Digne
Gueye
By far our best players at the moment

Kenny better performance than colemans been producing.

Definately need to buy a class striker!
DROP Keane for Mina asap
RW needs addressing.
Backup for guye is non existent also really, nobody can come close to what he brings to the team.
Need to strengthen

I can actually see what Marco is trying to do but it's just not coming off at the moment. A lot of it's to do with luck. Had Keane not made that glaring error and had our finishing been slightly better we would have won.

As an aside, I don't buy this view that the players are lazy and don't want to win. I've seen no evidence of that.
tbf, theres not much evidence either way
It won't be long before there's a poll for getting Moyes back..
I bet Moshiri rues the day he let Bill talk him into this.
Bill will end up buying the Club back for a tenner and it'll be all Moyes Mk II-tastic

The first 15 minutes of this match were honestly some of the worst football I've seen Everton play. Or, for that matter, from an opposing team at Goodison.

Made Allardyce 2017/18 look like Guardiola.

We were always coached to keep the ball moving.

Watch us. We don’t.

Yesterday, time & time again we gave Leicester every opportunity to reorganise & get their shape.

Maguire & Evans won’t have an easier day at the office.

I thought Walcott, Sig, Richarlison & DCL as our front four were rotten.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back