Match Thread Everton v Liverpool, Wednesday 1st December 20:15

Everton MOTM vs Liverpool

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The gap between us and them has never felt greater. I don't even want to think about a combined eleven as I struggle to believe any of us could justify the inclusion of a single blue shirt at present.

Whilst our first 11 were busy being schooled our U23s were losing heavily to Peterborough.

Goodness only knows where we go from here. There is barely a player over the age of 16 on our books that we'd want to retain.
I half jokingly said a while ago that we would be as well binning our whole youth set up to save the time and effort and get rid of some of the failures of players that we have as youth coaches.
Im about 1/4 joking with it now.
Its a complete shambles from top all the way down to the bottom

I just saw an Everton fan say how Seamus Coleman is an Everton legend and I think it’s an absolute joke.

The man might have cost us next to nothing but he has been part of an Everton squad over the last 10 years that has achieved fa. Coleman is an average player who was brought in for next to nothing which made him appear better than he was.

He needs firing off asap and has needed to be done with for years. He is one of the many problems with this club. We hang onto players out of sentiment because we want to be nice and that niceness is a plague throughout the club.

Someone needs to get into finch farm and the liver buildings with a raft of P45s and soon. Get rid of the dross and start again even if it means we have to get worse, if that’s possible, to get better!

They lose the ball, and chase to get it back. We lose it and don't. Differences, Klopp won't stand for lack of commitment, where as everyone at Everton is safe regardless of performance.

That's why they are levels above, and why we are deteriorating fast.

We're still better than half the league. Just not at the moment. But what a dire club to support at the moment - fans have to want better or the apathy will see us down. Glad someone got on the pitch to make the point.

Players need to come out and show and prove, otherwise may as well make a big list and send them packing and play the youngsters.

What they will lack in experience and talent they will give in commitment I am sure, and that is better than what we are seeing at the moment

Rafael, will never work here. Stupid appointment.

Hope if they get rid, that the other culprits in the Directors Seats go too.

Need a complete reboot, back to basics.
Too much Modern Everton stinking the place out. Need an image change top to bottom.

Players
Younger, Hungrier, faster, fitter.
Minimum

Board
A plan, accountability, attacking committed style of play, clear academy pathways, local lads over rejects and mercenaries.

None of this will happen. We are doomed to yoyo in anonymous mediocrity. Flashes of hope and let downs till the grave.

What a club of clowns we have become.

The gap between us and them has never felt greater. I don't even want to think about a combined eleven as I struggle to believe any of us could justify the inclusion of a single blue shirt at present.

Whilst our first 11 were busy being schooled our U23s were losing heavily to Peterborough.

Goodness only knows where we go from here. There is barely a player over the age of 16 on our books that we'd want to retain.
I reached the acceptance stage long ago. Its just not worth getting myself worked up over it.

I defer to the GOT crowd's far greater knowledge of the game. What should the manager, any manager, have done differently in this match to change the outcome? Rafael may be crap, I dunno. What I see is Everton are simply out-classed, man for man, virtually everywhere on the pitch and on the bench, too. Just sucks.

Tough to imagine what you all go through. Three of my mates in town are RS supporters and they can be insufferable about the current state of affairs. I had to block their damned text messages.

I just saw an Everton fan say how Seamus Coleman is an Everton legend and I think it’s an absolute joke.

The man might have cost us next to nothing but he has been part of an Everton squad over the last 10 years that has achieved fa. Coleman is an average player who was brought in for next to nothing which made him appear better than he was.

He needs firing off asap and has needed to be done with for years. He is one of the many problems with this club. We hang onto players out of sentiment because we want to be nice and that niceness is a plague throughout the club.

Someone needs to get into finch farm and the liver buildings with a raft of P45s and soon. Get rid of the dross and start again even if it means we have to get worse, if that’s possible, to get better!
It's not his decision though is it. Yes we need better, but who else better in RB do we have? And who's decision is that to strengthen that area when it's been so clear for a number of years??

Status
Not open for further replies.