Match Thread Everton v Liverpool, Wednesday 1st December 20:15

Everton MOTM vs Liverpool

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not a huge fan of R.A.F.A, but I’ve never known a manager suffer with so many injuries. Even Pickford has been out this season! We really
missed the likes of
Digne, Doucoure (desperately!) and we are of course still missing our best defender (Mina) and our only centre-forward Dominic Calvert-Lewin.

The media has mocked our fan-base mercilessly today because some blues left the derby after just 19 minutes. One pundit said our fans were the worst in the world! That is a ludicrous overreaction because it was only a tiny number that left. When it was 2-1 and we nearly equalised I thought “I bet they’re regretting leaving so early”.It really looked like we might get something out of the game. Sadly their decision turned out to be vindicated. Had they stayed to cheer our team on, though, the outcome of the match might have been different. It might have given our lads a lift.
I was impressed how many stayed till the end.

Control? He should have punted it as it came down but got caught in two minds.
The player who should have punted it was Allan. Ther ball came to Coleman at waist height. If you haven't seen it from my earlier post, take a look at this:
Coleman RS 3rd goal.jpg

Thinking back to last night I have theses thoughs

1 We are gash, though we knew that already

2 They are a decent team (through grinded teeth)

3 Their fans are scum for singing through the applause both times

4 Our fans are very angry

5 Will they be fined for the flares?

6 Will we be fined for throwing objects (I saw it a couple of times)

7 Rafael is a pleb

8 Klopp is a bigger pleb

9 For a short while we actually had a go before it went 3-1

10 I was there the day Rondon actually ran

11 We are boss at booing (my throat hurts today)

12 What was going on in the Street End with the coppers dragging the guy away?

13 Anichebe was boss posing for photos with all the kids in the enclosure. Top marks dude.

14 The guy in the park End who basically wrestled a little kid for the ball and threw it to Pickford. Have a word with yourself dude!

15 Funniest Moment - Prime team set up by the corner flag and a little lad shouting 'Terry' to try and get Thierry Henry's attention ha ha

Oh Yeah! and Kopites are...well ya know what they are and always will be

See ya Monday
Mate, as a veteran of the 0-5 Rush 4, you have brought a smile to my old face. Well done!

A few days on now

I did notice something in the game. Something that may not be as receptive whilst watching it lethargically at the time.

A lot of the fight and desire in the team during the game seemed to come from the newer players in the team. The likes of gray and Townsend , doucoure, when we started to get momentum it was through these players. Once the energy went , it was through the older players at the team , the likes of Coleman, Keane , Richy at times, just the effort then dropped almost like going through the motions. Which ties into the culture of the club being one of the issues here.

I thought coleman was by far our worst player on the night and defensively was a liability, which klopp knew. His fault for the third goal clearly through basic defending errors but the 4th goal he put himself in no mans land between who had the ball (Robertson? Couldn't he arsed checking) and mane who could then run behind him giving him options , which he chose Jota. Kicked off at Pickford twice , that is great if he is our leader but he was our weakest link so it just comes across as frustrating.

Benitez managed the game poorly again, two games in a row. I've defended his situation thus far due to injuries but injuries aren't a factor as much anymore and it's during the games that is becoming an issue. I said it yesterday, it's almost like koeman playing a centre forward style after we failed to sign him one. Benitez playing his tactics with players who don't fit , on purpose to show what he needs.

Rondon is an issue. A massive issue in the team. Never mind the odd good touch, we should be old schooling crosses into the box for him when we can't play through the opposition , yet he offers nothing there. So it's causing us an issue attacking if plan a isn't working.

We know we are losing against arsenal Monday so we need to have a reaction next week , otherwise we could be in free fall without a parachute given conflicting issues.

Finally , I believe we played better at 2-0 because they let us play better, I wouldn't get your hopes up on a magical sign of a fightback , they knew they could beat us in second gear and did so, every time they attacked they carved us open and when we attacked we couldn't. So I don't take the game as a sign other than what the Derby has become , a mis match that even klopp knows is a guaranteed win in normal circumstances.

A few days on now

I did notice something in the game. Something that may not be as receptive whilst watching it lethargically at the time.

A lot of the fight and desire in the team during the game seemed to come from the newer players in the team. The likes of gray and Townsend , doucoure, when we started to get momentum it was through these players. Once the energy went , it was through the older players at the team , the likes of Coleman, Keane , Richy at times, just the effort then dropped almost like going through the motions. Which ties into the culture of the club being one of the issues here.

I thought coleman was by far our worst player on the night and defensively was a liability, which klopp knew. His fault for the third goal clearly through basic defending errors but the 4th goal he put himself in no mans land between who had the ball (Robertson? Couldn't he arsed checking) and mane who could then run behind him giving him options , which he chose Jota. Kicked off at Pickford twice , that is great if he is our leader but he was our weakest link so it just comes across as frustrating.

Benitez managed the game poorly again, two games in a row. I've defended his situation thus far due to injuries but injuries aren't a factor as much anymore and it's during the games that is becoming an issue. I said it yesterday, it's almost like koeman playing a centre forward style after we failed to sign him one. Benitez playing his tactics with players who don't fit , on purpose to show what he needs.

Rondon is an issue. A massive issue in the team. Never mind the odd good touch, we should be old schooling crosses into the box for him when we can't play through the opposition , yet he offers nothing there. So it's causing us an issue attacking if plan a isn't working.

We know we are losing against arsenal Monday so we need to have a reaction next week , otherwise we could be in free fall without a parachute given conflicting issues.

Finally , I believe we played better at 2-0 because they let us play better, I wouldn't get your hopes up on a magical sign of a fightback , they knew they could beat us in second gear and did so, every time they attacked they carved us open and when we attacked we couldn't. So I don't take the game as a sign other than what the Derby has become , a mis match that even klopp knows is a guaranteed win in normal circumstances.

If the dough was there we could do worse than sign 4-5 up and coming players from abroad / the championship with a point to prove and have them in the side from the start.

There is a culture problem in our dressing room has been since Moist left.

If the dough was there we could do worse than sign 4-5 up and coming players from abroad / the championship with a point to prove and have them in the side from the start.

There is a culture problem in our dressing room has been since Moist left.

That right back from Rangers would've been perfect for this. Players on the way up not the way down, please. It'll never catch on.

I’m not a huge fan of R.A.F.A, but I’ve never known a manager suffer with so many injuries. Even Pickford has been out this season! We really
missed the likes of
Digne, Doucoure (desperately!) and we are of course still missing our best defender (Mina) and our only centre-forward Dominic Calvert-Lewin.

The media has mocked our fan-base mercilessly today because some blues left the derby after just 19 minutes. One pundit said our fans were the worst in the world! That is a ludicrous overreaction because it was only a tiny number that left. When it was 2-1 and we nearly equalised I thought “I bet they’re regretting leaving so early”.It really looked like we might get something out of the game. Sadly their decision turned out to be vindicated. Had they stayed to cheer our team on, though, the outcome of the match might have been different. It might have given our lads a lift.

Did any actually leave or did they just go down to get a pint? The whole ground was full for the start of the 2nd half.

Did any actually leave or did they just go down to get a pint? The whole ground was full for the start of the 2nd half.

It only looked like a handful, and yes I assumed they maybe went down to the concourse. I'm confused how these few individuals could have got us back in the game if they stayed for the full 95 minutes. Are they superfans with special superpowers? lol

Another 0-5 sufferer here. I feel your pain.

And I travelled on the old overnight B&I from Dublin. Went back with a load of orange kopites whose P &O was on strike. Possibly the lowest of my Blue life.

One great memory...I came out of the Winslow and met Bails. I asked him to sign my programme which of course he did..He asked if I had come far...his face dropped and I clearly remember him saying "I am so sorry".

Not sure most of this shower care

Over recent years I've been really good at not getting suckered into it all. No longer did Everton losing dominate my weekend.

Last night got me big time though. Ended up with a ticket and haven't been able to get out of mind all day how bad we are. Feel like a recovering addict who's relapsed. Embarrassed I've let it get me down all day. It was such a humiliating rout on our own turf with them singing Benitez's name and our players getting nowhere near them despite us spending a fortune.

It genuinely astounds me how somehow we come up with new narratives of pain. I didn't think it could get worse than that 3rd round tie against their reserves at Anfield but last night somehow it did.
Think most painful of these reinventing narratives I've seen is here on site. The relaying a story from our Dear Bill, that other clubs phone Everton for advice on how to run a good football club. Pain personified that.

Status
Not open for further replies.