Match Thread Everton v Man Utd - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Your Everton MOTM vs Man Utd

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just finished watching this back, I was away all day yesterday so only had score updates but spoke to a mate who was there, said the atmosphere was the best he can remember - not just noise but supportive noise.

Absolutely came through on the coverage.

Great performance overall. First 30 minutes was a mess from both teams but the battling, the will and the effort were there from the beginning.

Loved the Richy seal impression. Showboating, yes!

About time we got lucky in front of goal too.

Get in.

Allan motm for me.

Still not safe yet but what a boost,

And United are embarrassingly bad.

Yes mate, we played them OFF the park and got zero credit was all How bad Utd are.. same as today
Did we play them off the park? It was a much stronger performance from the blues, however it was far from pretty. I'd say it was discipline and resolute.

That's not a criticism by the way as it was what was needed. Yet equally, it did help that we played a very poor and uninspiring United team.

In fact, it's the worst United team I've probably seen in four decades, so we're heading back to the mid to early 80s.
The amount of stewards around the pitch at the end was funny, they full on expected a riot haha
There was an increased presence and an police carrier actually parked on the Gwladys Street; the potentinal for crowd trouble was definitely a concern.

he's known for being volatile after not getting the desired results but the media just gives him a pass due to his clout and accomplishments

I don't condone his actions but as a serial winner frustrated with his and his team's performance, to be immediately confronted right in your face with loads of lads saying "you're sit" I don't really blame him tbh. He's apologised, get him a new phone. End of. Treat him at old Trafford would be cool if the kid fancies it.

Lampard and the Chelsea connection. Billy Gilmour and Connor Gallacher would do nicely! (not that I believe for a moment there's a chance of that happening).
Getting Billy Gilmour alone would be great. I rate this guy. Another Scottish international. Him And Patterson in the team for next season. And lets keep Allen also. But are our management thinking on those lines?
Think now that Gallagher is out of our reach. He's going upwards and onwards to better things. But Gilmour might just be right for us.
And here's something a little left field........how about bringing James Rodriquez back. Unfinished business and all that. Up The Toffees.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back