Match Thread Everton v Manchester United : Sun 4 Dec : KO 1600

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought Lukaku might as well have been sat in the stands until the last 5 minutes of stoppage time.

I'd be interested to know why Baines took the penalty...Lukaku bottle it or is Baines back to being our regular penalty taker? Quality penalty under the pressure - thought Valencia did well when introduced and Holgate looks like a real star in the making.

Baines took our last pen

On a positive note, we're at least staying in these games and giving ourselves a shot at getting results. Well played Valencia and Gueye today. Mirallas did quite well second half too.

I don't think anyone was terribly bad (keeper aside), considering the system we played just wasn't made for the likes of Lukaku.

Hopefully we can scrape some form together over christmas and get into January because we urgently need some additions.

Sorry but thats a shocking view of the right side. Holgate + Deulofeu = solid and attacking....Coleman + Bolasie = no positional sense and no purpose.

I'd happily see Holgate and Del start the next game.

My point was that Deulofeu was very poor when he came on today, in my opinion.

We only got going in the last 20 minutes and looked much fresher with Holgate, Delofeu and Valencia on the pitch. Add this to Jags and Barkley being dropped and Koeman's hand was forced. He has to keep with these 3 now. Drop Rom.

you could say that about every post you've ever written Zat ;)

Not when you think Bolasie is better than Deulofeu...not by a long shot.

Holgate also pees all over Coleman...as ive said for ages...

Barry and Clev both also disgrace to the shirt today.

Bolasie was 50x worse than Deulofeu today. And in general. Take the blinkers off in regards to him mate, he's abysmal.

Momentum totally changed when the waste of space got injured.

Sad but true

Him and Clev coming off changed the game

Worrying thing is Koeman thought they should start

Non-biased player ratings.

Stekelenburg - 3/10 - Unforgivable mistake, just not good enough.
Coleman - 4/10 - Looks a shadow of his old self. Was quietly happy he was forced off.
Williams - 7/10 - Didn't look troubled all game.
Mori - 5/10 - Very rash decision making I felt. Didn't make any huge errors, just poor passing in general.
Baines - 6/10 - Doesn't attack like he used to, but he wasn't troubled much in defence and cool with the penalty.
Barry - 5/10 - Looked leggy, poor distribution, could have been sent off with loads of niggly fouls.
Gueye - 9/10 - As usual man of the match, dominated Pogba first half, won the penalty, what else can you ask for? He's brilliant.
Mirallas - 6/10 - Little impact on the game, as usual, but despite that more influential than Barkley.
Cleverley 4/10 - Horrific showing all in all, despite a largely positive first 10/15 minutes.
Bolasie - 5/10 - Did a few decent crosses in the first half, but by and large - as is always the case - so much lacking in real quality it's scary.
Lukaku - 5/10 - No service and no individual moments of inspiration.

--
Valencia - 8/10 - Thought he made a real difference and with the state of our players this season I think even that is enough for him to start v Watford.
Holgate - 7/10 - Looked strong and I'd rather he starts right back than Seamus who flatters to deceive so much nowadays.
Deulofeu - 5/10 - No impact, as per.
I'd give Coleman a 5 - average at best. Defo a shadow of his former self, which is what I was saying for the last 2 years since he started declining, but I was obviously so so wrong at the time.

Lukaku and Cleverley are both much lower than you put them. I asked a United fan friend of mine and he pretty much said "thank god you had no striker until Valencia came on".

Stek / Joel

Holgate - Williams - Funes - Baines

Mirallas - Gueye - Barry - Barkley

Valencia - Lukaku

Subs: Stek / Joel, Jags, Clevs, McCarthy, Davies, Lennon, Del.

Presuming Coleman and Bolasie are out, that'd be my side next week.

Reckon we deserved the point, but the performance was awful for the most part. Does any other team give the ball away as much as we do?! Desperately need a midfield overhaul - Gana does the work of two, but we need some creativity in there.

60th minute onwards - our best in ages.

De Gea kept them in it. We weren't great but that speaks for itself.

Their goal - from a stupid mistake. Other than that they created one other clear chance when Herrera hit the bar. Those are the facts.

We actually looked up for it for once and Enner Valencia should be starting next week.

He came in, pressed united back and opened up the space. Kev also, was excellent in that second-half and a special mention to Williams and Holgate.

I don't care if Deulofeu never plays for us again though.
Why because Delboy held the ball and stretched UNT ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back