Match Thread Everton v Manchester United : Sun 4 Dec : KO 1600

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It happens every game though. The tactics are, win it back, get the defence on the back foot by hitting Bolasie or Lukaku. Its also why Bolasie sees more of the ball as hes the main outlet.

While I don't think Mirallas is playing well, I can see why he doesn't have an impact on a game when hes not the focus of an attack.

Same with Lukaku. Hes not a target man but is being used like it and its why hes not score in 11 and got to a point where he hasn't even had a shot today.

The point is...hes played the same players and played the same way for the last 10 games. Everyone else has been shuffled or dropped from the back 4 to the midfield (bar Gana).

Why not the front 2?

I'm not saying Del is the answer, but if you want to keep the ball and play football, hes a better shout and could give us something we don't have.

he needs to go to 4-4-2 next week.

Was it just a coincidence that when Valencia and Del came on we all of a sudden looked like a proper team with shape, intensity, and we kept hold of the ball better, and also used the ball better in the final third.

as ive said, the reason we looked better was utd dropping deep, valencia doing well, holgate doing well. deulofeu didnt do well.

Dont tell your employers that...

I watch enough football (like I'm sure a lot do) to know a good performance when I see one.

Del did not put on a good performance today.

He gets let off the hook so easily, whereas Bolasie (rightly so today mind) gets vilified.

The little Spanish turd just isn't as good as people make him out to be.

I hope he scores a hat-trick next week.

I watch enough football (like I'm sure a lot do) to know a good performance when I see one.

Del did not put on a good performance today.

He gets let off the hook so easily, whereas Bolasie (rightly so today mind) gets vilified.

The little Spanish turd just isn't as good as people make him out to be.

I hope he scores a hat-trick next week.

No No No Yes ;)

I'm prepared to defend Stekky as that could happen to any keeper and he's had enough good games to still be in credit

Clev though is lucky we don't terminate his contract in the morning
Awful keeping always prone to a clanger Robles is far better than him a Southampton reject?!
Fulham would not play him why should we great if the balls near him that run out to day was farcically poor!

Bolasie had a good game I thought. Not his fault Rom's movement in the area is non-existent. That first cross is with obvious as that he had to get in front of his man but he NEVER does. So static in the area. Everything literally has to be put on a plate for him and he contributes nothing to the build up with his awful touch and awareness. Surely wouldn't be hard to take the money and run in January and get someone in with a brain, willing to run into space and with a decent touch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back