Match Thread Everton v Newcastle United - Team prediction, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I lived up in Newcastle for a year. In my experience their fans are up there with being the most delusional and self righteous in the country.

The club hasn't won a major domestic trophy since 1955 or the old First Division for almost a hundred years yet their fans have generally acted like they have a divine right to finish in the Top 4-6 every season even before all the money came their way.

I would love 3 points on Thursday.
With the greatest of respect you are so completely wrong. Geordies are like Evertonians, they are local, support through thick and thin and expect their team to be the best when it is unlikely. A wonderful City with great people.

I lived up in Newcastle for a year. In my experience their fans are up there with being the most delusional and self righteous in the country.

The club hasn't won a major domestic trophy since 1955 or the old First Division for almost a hundred years yet their fans have generally acted like they have a divine right to finish in the Top 4-6 every season even before all the money came their way.

Every city has fans like that look at Liverpool fans they're exactly the same

With the greatest of respect you are so completely wrong. Geordies are like Evertonians, they are local, support through thick and thin and expect their team to be the best when it is unlikely. A wonderful City with great people.
Maybe, but when it comes to matters pertaining to their club, they're the absolute worst. My best mate's a fan and he's despicable as far as Newcastle is concerned. I dislike Newcastle even more than i dislike Liverpool.

They've played amazingly Newcastle for over a year now, and even this season they've been missing half a first team yet are looking really good.

Can add Pope to their list of injuries now too.

Dyche must be looking at the worst home run in our history surely? 1 win from 7, 4 points from 21 so far isn't it? Absolutely shocking when you factor in who we've played - we should have had more than that from the first two games alone.

He surely cannot think we'll get safe with just away results? Injuries will come, in fact they already have with DCL and Onana set to miss a second game with no news on their return... we will not get many points without them from these December fixtures.

A golden opportunity to get three vital home points here.

1000012792.webp

I wouldn't class Geordies in the same category as the RS and even to an extent City fans at one point. Newcastle fans are hit and miss a bit like City, some are ok, some insufferable. If we are all being completely honest here, we deep down now they've spent money wisely got into Europe, we took dodgy money and have ended up fighting relegation, we are further from the top 4 than we were before Moshiri. Not to say I endorse their owners, but I'll admit sour grapes plays some part in it. But I'd love to beat them on Thursday and see ratboys face at full time.
Geordies up there when you meet them are mainly sound and down to earth. Social media ones are worse than kopites online now

Sorry but I’ve lived here for 8 years. And other than the absolute idiots on social media who take things to extremes (which we also have in our own fan base), the majority of them are decent fans. Similar to our own fan base. They are currently enjoying the ride which we were did when we got taken over. They are doing it better though.

Every set of fans believe their team is better than it is. And generally other fans view that as entitlement. Nothing wrong with bigging up your own team.

They've played amazingly Newcastle for over a year now, and even this season they've been missing half a first team yet are looking really good.

Dyche must be looking at the worst home run in our history surely? 1 win from 7, 4 points from 21 so far isn't it? Absolutely shocking when you factor in who we've played - we should have had more than that from the first two games alone.

He surely cannot think we'll get safe with just away results? Injuries will come, in fact they already have with DCL and Onana set to miss a second game with no news on their return... we will not get many points without them from these December fixtures.

IMG_2435.webp

also add Longstaff into that.

They have just beaten Man United and Chelsea comfortably and drawn with PSG without these players (aside from Pope).

This team would go toe to toe with our best 11. Yet they are still winning games comfortably without them.

Really hoping the run of games has caught up to them and that they have one eye on Spurs and Milan games coming up.

Sorry but I’ve lived here for 8 years. And other than the absolute idiots on social media who take things to extremes (which we also have in our own fan base), the majority of them are decent fans. Similar to our own fan base. They are currently enjoying the ride which we were did when we got taken over. They are doing it better though.

Every set of fans believe their team is better than it is. And generally other fans view that as entitlement. Nothing wrong with bigging up your own team.

….worked up there lots and would always have a few pints in the Strawberry before heading down the hill from the Beehive for a few more. I always thought they suffered from being the only club in a football fanatical city. They generally shared similar views and there’s no contrary opinion so it all seems a bit insular.

i always enjoyed having a few drinks there, listening to the locals was entertaining.

….worked up there lots and would always have a few pints in the Strawberry before heading down the hill from the Beehive for a few more. I always thought they suffered from being the only club in a football fanatical city. They generally shared similar views and there’s no contrary opinion so it all seems a bit insular.

i always enjoyed having a few drinks there, listening to the locals was entertaining.
Yeah. That hasn’t helped them. But it’s funny as they will give it a load of bravado, but when I’ve been chatting to lots of my family/colleagues/mates this week and you get into it a bit more, they are all just terrified they will lose to Sunderland in the cup 😂

Geordies up there when you meet them are mainly sound and down to earth. Social media ones are worse than kopites online now
Naaa never met a sound one in my life.

Nearly came to blows with some Greasy Geordie with a Black slick back hair do and a checked Lee Cooper shirt who was at pains to tell me with his stupid loud boombing "look at me am a Geordie everyone" voice we where the Sunderland of the north east,and they where the Liverpool.

I asked him to reel off what they'd won which Promptly shut his stinking mouth...

Not a violent person but one of my biggest regrets in life was not headbutting that man.

Also love a "feed the scouser" shout which is ironic considering Liverpool used to send up food parcels to the miners during the strikes.

Geordies can leg it....

Agree, also didn't realise Newcastle have only won once on the road this season and that was to Sheff United.

We need to get in their faces from the off, get the crowd up and we can nick it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back