Match Thread Everton v Newcastle United - Team prediction, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was used to kopites butting on anything Everton-related on X / Twitter but they've been joined by the geordies now as well.
Can't they enjoy their own success?

They've started offering their opinion on everything - the stadium, the points deduction, our finances. On almost every thread I see.

I was used to kopites butting on anything Everton-related on X / Twitter but they've been joined by the geordies now as well.
Can't they enjoy their own success?

They've started offering their opinion on everything - the stadium, the points deduction, our finances. On almost every thread I see.

Yeah, I've noticed this trend too. Ever since their takeover it's like their opinions have suddenly come to the fore.

We must remember they are still a tiny, tiny club.

Newcastle fan popping my head in, in piece (have got my tin hat on, just in case).

First of all, I go along with the majority of postings put on the board regarding Scouse - Geordie relations. I have always found that generally speaking there has always been a pretty good relationship. Both of us have been left hung out to dry by the collapse of heavy industry and ship building, both of us have been completely ignored by central government and the south general (who seem to think that the north means Manchester), both cities are genuinely fanatical about football and beer, both have a self deprecating sense of humour. Whilst I'm on here I'll also apologies for the behaviour of the bell end key board warriors some of you have encountered, every club has them, unfortunately our recent "success" has attracted a few more of them. I would also say that as fans forums go yours appears to be one of the most even handed and fair minded I have come across, Spurs fan sites seem to have a very unusually high proportion of bell ends.

With regards to Everton, I have always had a bit of a soft spot for them, first game was in 1967 when I was about 6, Gordon West got sent off and we won 1-0 with a penalty. Also really loved the Harry Catterick teams of the late 60's and early 70's as well as the championship winning teams Howard Kendall (Geordie lad) put together.

I might be in the minority of non Evertonians, but I don't want you to be relegated, I'd much rather Luton, Bournemouth and some other random Southern team got relegated. That said, I do think that if Everton had to have 10 points deducted, you have picked the best season to get the penalty. I think you are too strong for the teams around you and will be safe well before the fat lady sings.

In terms of the match Tomorrow, I think it might be a bridge too much for Newcastle (pessimism is in built after all these years of disappointment). Our players are running on empty for the last 10 minutes of games, although the 4-1 win against Chelsea allowed some of the players to get a rest for the last 20 mins or so. Sounds like Calvin Lewis will be in the team and although I know he blows hot and cold, he is a player that can turn a game. I also thought you were unlucky against Man U, It certainly wasn't a 0-3 performance. I for one would be more than happy with a point.

I also think that Goodison will have an impact, it's one of my favourite grounds to visit (been there 4 or 5 times). Couldn't get a ticket tomorrow, but would have been there if it was possible. A night match at Goodison, on winter night is a real old fashioned football experience, I am a bit sad I won't experience that again. There are not many grounds like this left. At some point someone will build a statue to Archibald Leitch.

Anyway I genuinely wish you good luck starting Friday morning, all the best.

I was watching one of these football panels on tiktok yesterday, and it come to the Newcastle fan and he was saying something along the lines of " I don't know why everton hate us, they have made this fake rivalry with us trying to stay relevant, we are closer to Liverpool them them now"

Whilst I agree with his point, could not believe the bit about US making the rivalry, they are honestly the weirdest bunch of animal abusers I've ever seen

Question to any Newcastle fans, first why do they think it's us that hate them with a fake rivalry? Said before they're irrelevant to me and should be irrelevant to Evertonians. It's them that keep antagonising Evertonians and swiping us, particularly with pathetic polls WHO ARE THE BIGGER CLUB? !

And what makes them closer to Liverpool? They have some relative "success" in making the CL. They did so in the 90's of course. How many title's, European trophies, FA Cups, and League Cups and Community Shields have they won that makes them similar to Liverpool? They can't even lay a glove on Everton and we haven't been that relevant in many years.

Don't think Newcastle will be arsed about us and expect to beat us, are home form is crap, the performance of the team is actually better than the results look.
But they will not have seen that,
They are playing decent football at the moment.
Let's hope they are over confident and we up are game.
Hope we don't show them to much respect like we did to unt.

Unfortunately, I can see Newcastle United tearing us a new one tomorrow. COYB!

15 EVENEW.webp

Dadideeyor - "Question to any Newcastle fans, first why do they think it's us that hate them with a fake rivalry? Said before they're irrelevant to me and should be irrelevant to Evertonians. It's them that keep antagonising Evertonians and swiping us, particularly with pathetic polls WHO ARE THE BIGGER CLUB? !"

As I was making a comment when passing earlier, I can give you my view, but it is only one view from many.

I don't really think that Everton v Newcastle as a rivalry is genuinely a big thing for proper Newastle fans (by that I mean the long standing fans who have regularly gone to matches home and away and who you meet in pubs and clubs, etc.) In terms of the Evertonians I have come across (I am often in the North West for work) none of them appear to see it as a "thing" either. Like I said previously, like all clubs we have proportion of bell ends, no doubt Everton have them as well.

To me, anyone who starts with the "we're a bigger club than you" argument about any pair of teams is signalling that they are a bell end. I think the armchair Man U fans are the worst for this, and to me this probably shows a crippling lack of self esteem. They seem to have the idea that by associating themselves with a successful football club, somehow that makes them successful. Is Newcastle United a "bigger club" than Port Vale, not to a dyed in the wool Port vale fan. It's stupid argument.

As I say, I've always had a bit of a soft spot for Everton, I even had a pair of white Alan Ball boots as a kid (although not the tufspin ones, they were [Poor language removed] lethal)

Newcastle fan popping my head in, in piece (have got my tin hat on, just in case).

First of all, I go along with the majority of postings put on the board regarding Scouse - Geordie relations. I have always found that generally speaking there has always been a pretty good relationship. Both of us have been left hung out to dry by the collapse of heavy industry and ship building, both of us have been completely ignored by central government and the south general (who seem to think that the north means Manchester), both cities are genuinely fanatical about football and beer, both have a self deprecating sense of humour. Whilst I'm on here I'll also apologies for the behaviour of the bell end key board warriors some of you have encountered, every club has them, unfortunately our recent "success" has attracted a few more of them. I would also say that as fans forums go yours appears to be one of the most even handed and fair minded I have come across, Spurs fan sites seem to have a very unusually high proportion of bell ends.

With regards to Everton, I have always had a bit of a soft spot for them, first game was in 1967 when I was about 6, Gordon West got sent off and we won 1-0 with a penalty. Also really loved the Harry Catterick teams of the late 60's and early 70's as well as the championship winning teams Howard Kendall (Geordie lad) put together.

I might be in the minority of non Evertonians, but I don't want you to be relegated, I'd much rather Luton, Bournemouth and some other random Southern team got relegated. That said, I do think that if Everton had to have 10 points deducted, you have picked the best season to get the penalty. I think you are too strong for the teams around you and will be safe well before the fat lady sings.

In terms of the match Tomorrow, I think it might be a bridge too much for Newcastle (pessimism is in built after all these years of disappointment). Our players are running on empty for the last 10 minutes of games, although the 4-1 win against Chelsea allowed some of the players to get a rest for the last 20 mins or so. Sounds like Calvin Lewis will be in the team and although I know he blows hot and cold, he is a player that can turn a game. I also thought you were unlucky against Man U, It certainly wasn't a 0-3 performance. I for one would be more than happy with a point.

I also think that Goodison will have an impact, it's one of my favourite grounds to visit (been there 4 or 5 times). Couldn't get a ticket tomorrow, but would have been there if it was possible. A night match at Goodison, on winter night is a real old fashioned football experience, I am a bit sad I won't experience that again. There are not many grounds like this left. At some point someone will build a statue to Archibald Leitch.

Anyway I genuinely wish you good luck starting Friday morning, all the best.
Thanks for posting... The burning question for me is what are your views on Keith Azul?

Some interesting stats....
  • Everton have lost five of their last six Premier League games against Newcastle (W1), as many as they had in their previous 24 against them (W13 D6).
  • Newcastle won this exact fixture 4-1 last season, and are looking to secure back-to-back away league victories against Everton for the first time since a run of three between 1958 and 1960.
  • Everton have lost their last four midweek (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday) Premier League matches, conceding four goals in each of the last three. Their last such game was a 4-1 home defeat to Newcastle on a Thursday in April last season.
  • Newcastle have won their last three midweek (Tues, Weds, Thurs) Premier League matches by an aggregate score of 13-3.
  • Having won three of their first four Premier League home games under Sean Dyche (L1), Everton have won just two of their last 12 at Goodison Park (D2 L8), with both of those victories coming against Bournemouth.
  • Newcastle have won just one of their last eight Premier League away games (D4 L3), beating Sheffield United 8-0 in September. They’ve conceded twice in each of their last three on the road, last doing so in four straight away Premier League games between April and August 2015.
  • No team has failed to score in more different Premier League home games than Everton so far this season (4). All eight of their goals at Goodison Park in all competitions this term (5x Premier League, 3x EFL Cup) have been scored by different players.
  • Ignoring their 10 point deduction, Everton have earned just 23.5% of their Premier League points in home games this season (4/17). Last season, 58.3% of their points came at Goodison Park (21/36).
  • Everton have opened the scoring in four of their last five Premier League matches, and have yet to lose when scoring first in the competition under Sean Dyche (W10 D4).
  • Newcastle’s Callum Wilson has scored eight goals in his last eight Premier League away games. He’s also scored four braces against Everton in the competition (including in each of his last two away games against them), with only Harry Kane (6) and Alan Shearer (5) scoring multiple goals against the Toffees more often in the Premier League.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back