Match Thread Everton v Norwich 15th May KO 15:00

Should Roberto Martinez remain as manager of Everton?

• Yes

Votes: 35 12.9%
  • No

Votes: 102 37.6%
  • Bring davek home

Votes: 134 49.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
...a key challenge will be managing a transfer kitty in the summer. Unsworth is unproven in respect of that key competency. We need somebody in who can start building.

But do we? The current wisdom is that you must spend fortunes to have a great team. I strongly believe you can grow and train the players to make a great team. It is not unexpected that the young lads can play at this level - they just need the opportunity to play at this level. The talent is there, we just need the confidence to allow it to develop. I believe that talent and passion is more powerful that just pure talent without loyalty.

But do we? The current wisdom is that you must spend fortunes to have a great team. I strongly believe you can grow and train the players to make a great team. It is not unexpected that the young lads can play at this level - they just need the opportunity to play at this level. The talent is there, we just need the confidence to allow it to develop. I believe that talent and passion is more powerful that just pure talent without loyalty.

.......but the new manager will always have to dip into the transfer market. Unsworth might be great with the current crop but his record bringing the right players in is an unknown. It was similar with Colin Harvey who was a great coach loved by his players and a successful youth team boss. I think a good record in the transfer market is a key competency for our manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back