Match Thread Everton v Nottingham Forest - Pre-Match Chat, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Forest have won 2 games away from home all season. The last victory was against Newcastle on Boxing Day.

They have lots of pace upfront but poor defensively and the stats show they are not a great side.
Notts Forest poor defensively ?

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

We've just let in 6 to group of lads who argue about taking a penalty..

Gk - Virginia
Rb - Garner
Lb - Young
Cb - Tarkowski
Cb - Brainthwaite
Cm - Onana
Cm - Doucoure
Am - Gomes
Rw - Harrison
Lw - Danjuma
Cf - DCL

Sick of Pickford to be honest,fair play to him on the loyalty stakes but how terrified he is of any physical contact just won't do. I hate to put Garner at fb because he is still a promising CM buy we are desperate for quality on the ball from the full back areas, same at lb as Myko is a pub footballer.

Could easily have picked gana but went with size against a side that has struggled with set pieces all season. Gomes is a player who has ability on the ball, given how much we break down in the final 3rd I'd throw him in, same for Danjuma. Harrison is as guilty as anyone in terms of things breaking down in the final 3rd but we need some discipline to help Garner.

If we lose this game for the first time this season I would feel relegation is more likely than survival. God speed blues

If I owned Nottingham Forest, I’d rebrand them as Nottingham Jungle.

The City Ground would be renamed The Jungle Jim, and our nickname would be The Jungle Boys or The Monkeys.

The entry music would be a mashup of The Lion Sleeps Tonight x The Jungle Bus (Venga Bus) x Welcome to the Jungle.

And there’d be ‘F all’ anyone could do about it.

We've had games in the past few seasons where we've lost and we've virtually accepted relegation as a result of the defeat. I fear this will be another as it'll be just yet another hammer blow in this disgusting run of form with Liverpool next up who will absolutely humiliate us.

Notts Forest poor defensively ?

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

We've just let in 6 to group of lads who argue about taking a penalty..
Bad result against Chelsea does not change the fact that we have had 9 clean sheets this season and they have had 4.

Our defensive performances are top 6/7 but we can’t score…plus we have a poor playing squad and we have had 8 points deducted and we are still ahead of Forest in the league.

What does that say about them?

Bad result against Chelsea does not change the fact that we have had 9 clean sheets this season and they have had 4.

Our defensive performances are top 6/7 but we can’t score…plus we have a poor playing squad and we have had 8 points deducted and we are still ahead of Forest in the league.

What does that say about them?
That it's going to be even more embarrassing when they beat us?

That it's going to be even more embarrassing when they beat us?
As they say it’s the hope that kills you!

I know we are garbage but did anyone really expect anything from the Chelsea game.

We all know that the next 4 games at home can keep us up so maybe a bit of positive thinking might help and after 33 games the table really does reflect a team’s ability…Forest are not a great team.

Gk - Virginia
Rb - Garner
Lb - Young
Cb - Tarkowski
Cb - Brainthwaite
Cm - Onana
Cm - Doucoure
Am - Gomes
Rw - Harrison
Lw - Danjuma
Cf - DCL

Sick of Pickford to be honest,fair play to him on the loyalty stakes but how terrified he is of any physical contact just won't do. I hate to put Garner at fb because he is still a promising CM buy we are desperate for quality on the ball from the full back areas, same at lb as Myko is a pub footballer.

Could easily have picked gana but went with size against a side that has struggled with set pieces all season. Gomes is a player who has ability on the ball, given how much we break down in the final 3rd I'd throw him in, same for Danjuma. Harrison is as guilty as anyone in terms of things breaking down in the final 3rd but we need some discipline to help Garner.

If we lose this game for the first time this season I would feel relegation is more likely than survival. God speed blues

Garner right back, Young left back.

They must be some hard drugs you've taken.

As they say it’s the hope that kills you!

I know we are garbage but did anyone really expect anything from the Chelsea game.

We all know that the next 4 games at home can keep us up so maybe a bit of positive thinking might help and after 33 games the table really does reflect a team’s ability…Forest are not a great team.
No, but fans rightly expected more than a ground out 1-0 win at home to 10 man Burnley as the only win in the last 15 matches.

Positive thinking from the fans won't win the games. That's what the players and manager are paid millions for.

Forest are poor, but they have a goal threat and can win games. We don't. My concern is the 4 game winning streak we went on before December made everyone think we'd be ok and we have looked nowhere near that level since.