• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
God knows how Lampard would set us up. I reckon he will go:

Pickford

Coleman Godfrey coady tarkowski myko

Gana Onana

Grey Dominic Calvert-Lewin gordon

I’d probably play Mina ahead of coady if he is fit , still think he’s by far our best centre back when fit. I also think coady is pretty overrated tbh.

I’d also play doucoure ahead of gordon to make us sold in midfield.
Does Doucoure make us solid? I must have Missed that part of his game

Unfortunately, hard to beat, win by one goal is seemingly the only way we can play. If we try to be more adventurous, we ship three or four.

Needs must, all that matters now is the result.

Yep sad it's got to this stage so early in the season but it's crying out for Richarlison to be signed on emergency loan, shin one in the 50th minute and then Pickford spends the next 40 minutes in various states lying down with the ball in the penalty area. The "good old days" of April-May 2022.

I was going to say the only decent thing the team are still good at is getting in the lead and clinging on but Southampton away was only occasion this season when team were 1 down and turned it round for three points.

Think West Ham at home is more what Saturday is going to be. That was reasonably comfortable but still had West Ham hitting the post and Cornet nearly going round Begovic near the end so plenty of tense moments coming up.

Lavia looks a player for them so him alongside Ward-Prowse and that's a much better CM duo than what they've been putting out for most of this season.

I hope im wrong but as the game gets closer i fear more and more they wont handle the pressure of this 6 pointer. I cling onto the two lads at centre half as the only two who will be up for it but they can only do so much back there. The rest? Bit of huff n puff for 15 minutes before heads drop.
Come one. Prove me wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back