Match Thread Everton v Tottenham Hotspur - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
1-0 up, crowd up for it. Spurs reeling then 2-0 and the useless new referee disallows a perfectly good goal. Pickford and Zouma cock it up and that was that when a far better set of players took control from then onwards. Some of their goals were superb. The booing at half time was richly deserved by another poor referee who cost us with that decision. The fella in front of me even booed him as he came on for the second half. That clot left half an hour before the end as did some others. Can't stand so called fans leaving very early or even early at all. Saw lots of them scuttling back when City got their fluke second against Palace the other day.

Turn it in mate nobody can be criticised for leaving early at that today. It doesn’t make you a better fan by sitting there till the bitter end

In a nutshell it looked like we would score every time we went forward. You missed your DM more than we missed ours.

Everton were getting the ball forward but did very little with it in the final third.

I thought if your second disallowed goal had been allowed to stand (it was a foul on Sanchez but was very soft) then the complexion of the game would have been firmly in your favour.

Pickford on Dele was a dangerous tackle and propably warranted a card of some sort.

This was probably our best performance of the season.

Schneiderlin was woeful.

You'll not have another away game that easy all season.

You obviously have an excellent side, but we were just unacceptably poor, with no discipline, and worse no pride either.

Side point but nether players didn't go mental at ref over the disallowed goal. Teams that have ambitions of doing things act like the world has ended when a bad decision goes against them.

Side point but nether players didn't go mental at ref over the disallowed goal. Teams that have ambitions of doing things act like the world has ended when a bad decision goes against them.

True. But then we didn't go mental about Pickford's potential leg-breaker either.

True. But then we didn't go mental about Pickford's potential leg-breaker either.

Fair point and strangely no, cant condone the rashness of how he went in, but it is almost like when the whistle is blown anything after is open season. However the bloke (Pickfords) having is suffering from major brain fartitus at the moment, and is in danger of crossing a line he cant recover from with the fans.

I disagree, we should be 7th with the team we have, on paper I think we have the 7th best squad. I'd actually be surprised if we didn't finish 7th as be will probably beat most of the teams below that, but it's a long standing problem even since Moyes days, we just fearthe better team to much, but lately it's seems to have gotten worse.
I hope you're right but no indicaters today for top 7 or 8.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back