Match Thread Everton v Watford - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Slower leagues and poorer defences in Italy and France, the lad struggled to score even against lower league defences as shown by his last act in blue being wound up by a no mark and getting sent off at Huddersfield in the League Cup
Kean played very few games here, and hardly any against lower league clubs. Italian and French senior club defences are far superior to lower league English defences, and he scored regularly in those leagues.

I hope Richo is fit tomorrow, but if he isn't I'd rather have had Kean up front than Rondon or Tosun.

Kean played very few games here, and hardly any against lower league clubs. Italian and French senior club defences are far superior to lower league English defences, and he scored regularly in those leagues.

I hope Richo is fit tomorrow, but if he isn't I'd rather have had Kean up front than Rondon or Tosun.
Ok say he had got a run, like Rondon has, and still couldn’t score, people would be calling for him to be dropped regardless if we had a third option or not, that’s how unsuited to English football Kean was

I hope Richo is fit tomorrow, but if he isn't I'd rather have had Keane up front than Rondon or Tosun.

I keep hearing that, but I haven't heard it from him. There are and have been lots of players on contracts who want to move, but
don't always get what they want. Harry Kane, for one.
Kean has shown that he can score goals at the top level and we could have tried harder to make him happier here.

The problem on Everton's end is that we couldn't really give him assurance of starting with both Richarlison and DCL, it's a massive shame because I really rate Kean and think he'd be great to rotate with them both. Especially with us looking to get it forward quicker now and being more ruthless on the counter.

I think it's just a bit different when it's a young lad whose career just never seemed to ever get going here. You mentioned Kane, he's had many happy years at Spurs and ultimately will have to keep playing in order to stay the main man for England, so he was always gonna go back to Spurs cap in hand if his move wasn't able to go through. Meanwhile, Kean was practically begging for an exit every time he got on social media.

Status
Not open for further replies.