Match Thread Everton v Watford - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm lost for solutions and can't pin it on individuals. It's a manifestation of just how badly run the club has been of late. It's everyone's fault.
It was obvious to me that at 2.1 we should have brought on gbamin and holgate to stiffen the midfield up, we might have got a draw at least and not seen that collapse. Rafael must have no trust in gbamin and he must be getting sold in Jan.

To be fair, for us to have enjoyed the“thrill of getting promoted” would have entailed the misery of relegation.

And miserable as the past twenty years have been, that at least is one bullet I for one am more than happy to have avoided ?
As I’ve said before, I get this but we have had nothing at all to enjoy.

Embarrassing. I'm used to Everton letting me down, making me angry, upsetting me, even baffling me. But I was genuinely embarrassed after that. Embarrassed to go into work and talk about it.

Rafael takes a lot of the blame for his subs. Not taking off Rondon and packing the midfield was criminal. But those players....

I honestly sat there looking at the empty seats around me and was genuinely thinking about storming the pitch to do a "Nyarko." 2 things stopped me. 1, I knew I'd be banned and arrested. 2, I honestly didn't know which player I'd want to scream at first.

We have a HUGE problem at this club. From top to bottom, there's no determination to progress or become winners. This feeds down to the players. Currently, we have a mix of players who want to win (Richy etc) and players who simply don't care. Those players are a cancer to the club. they simply don't care. It's heartbreaking and frustrating in equal measures.

I feel like it's finally sunk down to the fans too. I'm in the Park End, I know it gets stick, but we used to make noise, sing and shout back at the away fans and make our feelings known. This weekend worried me, I looked around at numerous times and you wouldn't be able to tell if we were 2-1 up and 5-2 down. The majority of fans simply sat there having a chat. I'm not for a second blaming the fans, but it's worrying times that we seem to have accepted it now.

Looks like a lineout formation lol
Line dancing more like @ToffeeTim , and pretty shoddy line dancing at that.
No idea why I used the word 'pretty' there as it is anything but. I mean, why have soooo many players in that area if none are closing down either a player or space? Purely rhetorical that, my apologies, as none of us know, just like the players. What a naffin' shambles though.
More bleach for me.

Line dancing more like @ToffeeTim , and pretty shoddy line dancing at that.
No idea why I used the word 'pretty' there as it is anything but. I mean, why have soooo many players in that area if none are closing down either a player or space? Purely rhetorical that, my apologies, as none of us know, just like the players. What a naffin' shambles though.
More bleach for me.
I was beginning to warm to Benitez but after the last 2 games with his awful substitutions, I go back to my original don't rate him feelings, Can anybody please tell me what Benitez sees in Rondon and Iwobi that 40,000 fans can't see.

Didn't see the game on tv, didn't go to the game, will never see it, and I am so sorry for those who witnessed it, especially my son who took my seat. I feel almost responsible for his rage. I can get no comfort from reading about the game and move on to the next one asap.

It was obvious to me that at 2.1 we should have brought on gbamin and holgate to stiffen the midfield up, we might have got a draw at least and not seen that collapse. Rafael must have no trust in gbamin and he must be getting sold in Jan.
Sold to an anatomy department

I voted for Lucas Digne for the first time, as nobody else had, I felt sorry for him. This is just a game of footy
when all is said and done. Give the lad a break!

We need a "From all Angles" of Tom Davies' goal on YouTube. Seeing Tom smash it in from ten angles will placate us all.

574BCAF7-B7C6-422B-A4F1-8270368F9291.png

Status
Not open for further replies.