Match Thread Everton 1-0 Brentford - Pre-match chat, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Suppose it all boils down to fitness for the starting XI as I'm sure he'd have wanted to send out an unchanged side bar Youngey in for Myko.

Interested if Doucoure, Gueye and Garner are all deemed fresh enough to start as that's at the heart of the pitch and we can't afford any tired legs here. Onana and Gomes are good to start here for me.

At least they can play free of massive pressure today whatever the Luton result is earlier in the day. Chance of winning three of the last four games which would be a decent effort across the season given all the issues surrounding the club. COYB ;)

I reckon Dyche will go all out for the win today to secure his tenure for next season against what was a growing undercurrent of dissatisfaction. In truth, I think everyone shares the sentiment that the style of football, especially since December, has been horrendous to watch, but the 'achievement' of safety despite the absolutely awful and divisive hand we've been dealt is an exceptional achievement. We've proven we can play a bit but that lack of confidence in front of goal caused us to panic, lose confidence and go full hoofball - the last two wins, most notably Wednesdays, should have eradicated that fear.
We'll win today, ensure that the Old Lady's last season is fittingly in the top tier, and the whole of Goodison will give a massive, massive middle finger to Masters and his cohorts.

Third gig in a week, and what a great week it's been.