Match Thread Everton 1-0 Brentford - Pre-match chat, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Goodison should be rocking after the other night. Putting city rivalry aside... the RS are a brilliant side. This is the best RS side I've seen during the PL years and Klopp is easily their best ever manager. And we dominated them, just as we dominated Newcastle and Chelsea at home.

Keep the bulk of this squad together and make a few additions... and we might finally be able to put these relegation battles behind us and move on to bigger and better things from our new waterfront home.

But it's a case of one step at a time. And first we as a club must ensure our survival with a positive result this Saturday.

What a difference TWO games makes …and what a second win that was

The relief from beating Notts Forest and feeling a lot further away from the drop seemed to wash over the whole club, players and fans alike, and suddenly we had a feeling of having nothing to lose against our loveable neighbours with the chance of an unprecedented quadruple treble double on the line.

I liked the way Dyche set us up at the start of the season even though the results weren’t there, I liked the spirit shown during ten point deduction galvanised time and the results which followed but I have not liked our Everton since pre Christmas. We’ve been bad. We’ve been scared. We’ve been battling relegation unfairly due to ten six eight points being taken from us (yes I only just worked out how to do strikethrough font).

Against Forest we showed that old ‘grinding out a result and not giving up’ spirit from the galvanised games and boy did we build on that last night.

We’ve said enough. We’ve laughed at our pals across Stanley Park enough (not really though). It’s time for the next one. The third in a trilogy of ShibbyWiggles game previews that by the end of 90 minutes will have mathematically proven we are a premier league team whatever the premier league try and do to get rid of us.
OR.
We might go back to being crap like we were against Chelsea and quite a few other games this season. That’s the fun of being an evertonian. You wouldn’t change it though on days like today would you?

There’ll be a team of eleven now lauded and loved Everton players (I cba predicting who this time) and yeah they’ll be playing Brentford who may or may not gamble on Toney’s fitness.

Let’s make it 3/3 💙
Definitely one of the best pre match summaries I've seen in a long time. Thank You @Shibbywiggles.

….hope we play like earlier in the season with the shackles off. Might actually be a decent match given their form but Brentford tend to have a disruptive edge to their game, a bit like the old Crazy Gang.

This will be a dog fight I think

It depends how much juice both the players and the crowd have left following Wednesday

If we're fired up again and the players have enough for one last push in them, then hopefully that'll be enough to drag us over the line with one more big three points

The Wolves/Luton game will be a big motivator I think

If Luton drop points then we know a win guarantees safety

This will be a dog fight I think

It depends how much juice both the players and the crowd have left following Wednesday

If we're fired up again and the players have enough for one last push in them, then hopefully that'll be enough to drag us over the line with one more big three points

The Wolves/Luton game will be a big motivator I think

If Luton drop points then we know a win guarantees safety

I think it helps that it's at 5:30pm. Bit more recovery, hopefully a nice sunny evening for football as well.