Match Thread Everton 1-0 Brentford - Pre-match chat, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
What a difference TWO games makes …and what a second win that was

The relief from beating Notts Forest and feeling a lot further away from the drop seemed to wash over the whole club, players and fans alike, and suddenly we had a feeling of having nothing to lose against our loveable neighbours with the chance of an unprecedented quadruple treble double on the line.

I liked the way Dyche set us up at the start of the season even though the results weren’t there, I liked the spirit shown during ten point deduction galvanised time and the results which followed but I have not liked our Everton since pre Christmas. We’ve been bad. We’ve been scared. We’ve been battling relegation unfairly due to ten six eight points being taken from us (yes I only just worked out how to do strikethrough font).

Against Forest we showed that old ‘grinding out a result and not giving up’ spirit from the galvanised games and boy did we build on that last night.

We’ve said enough. We’ve laughed at our pals across Stanley Park enough (not really though). It’s time for the next one. The third in a trilogy of ShibbyWiggles game previews that by the end of 90 minutes will have mathematically proven we are a premier league team whatever the premier league try and do to get rid of us.
OR.
We might go back to being crap like we were against Chelsea and quite a few other games this season. That’s the fun of being an evertonian. You wouldn’t change it though on days like today would you?

There’ll be a team of eleven now lauded and loved Everton players (I cba predicting who this time) and yeah they’ll be playing Brentford who may or may not gamble on Toney’s fitness.

Let’s make it 3/3 💙
Hopefully you get to do strikethrough on para 6 also

It would just be great if it was sorted tomorrow and we can all enjoy the last few games without being on pins

Indeed

Burnley have Man United, Luton have Wolves and Forest have City

They could potentially all lose or draw those games

Brentford will be a tough game for us, but a win or a draw isn't impossible at all

Fingers crossed that we get the job done and don't have to sweat too much with the last three

Indeed

Burnley have Man United, Luton have Wolves and Forest have City

They could potentially all lose or draw those games

Brentford will be a tough game for us, but a win or a draw isn't impossible at all

Fingers crossed that we get the job done and don't have to sweat too much with the last three
We are above Brentford in the real table , at home and in good form.

The only reason why we might struggle in this one is fatigue

We are above Brentford in the real table , at home and in good form.

The only reason why we might struggle in this one is fatigue

Brentford match up well to us

They’re a slightly better technical footballing side than us and they’re gritty enough to hang with us in a fight

They’ll be a difficult side to face, especially after a hard week of important fixtures

1-0, 0-1, 1-1 or 0-0 are the most likely scores I think

I just hope the boys are at it as they were on Wednesday night when they smashed the scum.

Brentford are in form at the minute and so it won’t be easy but a win makes it completely safe for me.

I just hope we don’t have a hangover from the derby, I’ll take a draw to be honest.

Who is injured for this one ?
Here you go, mate.

In.png

Brentford match up well to us

They’re a slightly better technical footballing side than us and they’re gritty enough to hang with us in a fight

They’ll be a difficult side to face, especially after a hard week of important fixtures

1-0, 0-1, 1-1 or 0-0 are the most likely scores I think
Stop speaking binary. It will be a quiet, comfortable 4:3 to us :D

Another big push needed, a win tomorrow likely seals the deal. Hopefully we end the game informing the premier league of an appropriate orifice to place the points deductions they handed us.

Surely I can't be alone in expecting us to succumb to a limp and sobering defeat here? Brilliant past couple of results but doesn't change the fact we've been appalling most of the season and find goals extremely hard to come by. Hope to be proved wrong. No room for complacency whatsoever.

Surely I can't be alone in expecting us to succumb to a limp and sobering defeat here? Brilliant past couple of results but doesn't change the fact we've been appalling most of the season and find goals extremely hard to come by. Hope to be proved wrong. No room for complacency whatsoever.

Think you just have to be a bit more removed from the emotion and look at it all a bit more rationally mate. Despite the points deductions we were still above Forest and had already beaten them away this season. We SHOULD be above Brentford right now and have already beaten them away this season.

For as awful a 2024 as it's been, on the balance of things we've been the better team. The only thing I will say on Brentford is that they have been missing key players a lot this season.

Hopefully just one more big push needed, from player, manager and fans alike.