Match Thread Everton 1-0 Brentford - Pre-match chat, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
As a long time sufferer I know the Everton performance coming up next. This is a game many expect to win at home against, what is, a bottom-half team. I think we all hoped to get 4+ points from this week's three games, so far we have 6.
Brentford are strong up front and the game may hinge on Pickford's performance. He is a confidence player thankfully so may still be buzzing from the Derby win.
Unfortunately, in this topsy turvey season I could see us losing Saturday, not that I don't dream of a win. My guess would be 2-3 but it could also easily be 0-1.

Pickford
Godfrey - Tarkowski - Branthwaite - Young
Gana
Harrison - Garner - Onana/Doucoure - McNeil
DCL

Gana has been fantastic in the last 2 games but must be flagging. Doucoure to the bench for half the game as he surely cant manage a shift like that 3 times in a week.

Need a win here then obviously more pressure off. ( 2 - 0 ) A 0 - 0 good defensive minded game at Luton, and a ( on paper ) easy! last home game v Sheff Utd should be more than enough.

Need pretty much the same team (minus Mykolenko) to go again and try and provide the same tempo, intensity and desire as they shown on Wednesday.

Do that and Brentford won't live with us. Fail to do that and be 10%-15% off it compared to Wednesday and it'll be a slog.

Evertonians still have a massive part to play, got to help the players over the line, roar them on and make it as uncomfortable for Brentford as possible.

So close to securing our Premier League safety, tomorrow is the time to do it.

No way Luton get anything from Wolves.

Wolves won't be in any mood to lose another game - especially against a terrible outfit like Luton.

We'll need a point tomorrow and with massive +GD that is that.