Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Ndiaye 63'

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Beto 76'

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Holgate 85'

Votes: 5 2.2%

• Total voters
Woeful performance. Biggest problem is same old same old .. Gueye giving ball away , Young to slow and old ,Keane playing and even had the pleasure of a Holgate appearance …Beto coming on ended any hopes of a revival as he offers nothing - Thought is was still last season ..Hope today was Dyches way of showing the board we need more players urgently. This squad is simply not good enough … The only positive today was Tim …

I'm surprised at people's reactions on here. After the pre season and window that we've had and the team Dyche picked today, the result and performance was exactly what I was expecting. That team that he picked today was weaker than the one we finished last season with and they weren't good enough last year.

To be fair Keane wasn’t the problem today.
Young was, did his best but no long up to it. Doucoure was always offside so any attack going through the middle instantly were nullified. Crosses into the box weren’t great, even though the approach work was at times.

Disappointing not to see Lingstrom at least, or us starting with a back three as our options dictated.

No doubt Dyche will persist with his starting 11 and lose for the next 5-6 weeks until the pressure on his job increases again. He’ll then in a fit of pique throw the new guys on to show us why he’s not been playing them, and we will improve immensely..

All sadly predictable.

To be fair Keane wasn’t the problem today.
Young was, did his best but no long up to it. Doucoure was always offside so any attack going through the middle instantly were nullified. Crosses into the box weren’t great, even though the approach work was at times.

Disappointing not to see Lingstrom at least, or us starting with a back three as our options dictated.

No doubt Dyche will persist with his starting 11 and lose for the next 5-6 weeks until the pressure on his job increases again. He’ll then in a fit of pique throw the new guys on to show us why he’s not been playing them, and we will improve immensely..

All sadly predictable.
Do we have the FFP room to sort the issue. Surely if you go and get someone from the championship, they’d do a better job

I'm surprised at people's reactions on here. After the pre season and window that we've had and the team Dyche picked today, the result and performance was exactly what I was expecting. That team that he picked today was weaker than the one we finished last season with and they weren't good enough last year.
Mate, if you’re surprised that any fan base on earth would be upset by a performance like that then I don’t know what to tell you. Because we expect it we aren’t supposed to be upset? Should this thread just be empty because we all expected it? Or should we give them a 6/10 because we expected it to be worse? What do you actually want? Tell us how to behave so we don’t surprise you again. Must be awful going around in a constant state of shock.

What an embarrassment.

Any hopes of a quiet, competent, mid-table finish with no relegation drama and some new owners swooning in has gone up in a puff of smoke on the opening day.

Who on that field today can you look at to get things going?

Absolutely dreadful.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back