• Ndiaye 63'

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Beto 76'

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Holgate 85'

Votes: 5 2.2%

• Total voters

Come on Everton, double do these.

Need three right backs on the field to counter Minteh (Young, Patterson, Harrison) as him running amok is the most obvious thing that's gonna happen ever.

Obviously we'll need huge amounts of luck to score a goal, but it's opening day and we're at home - anything can happen.

Gonna go either 1-1 (losing 1-0 at half time) or 2-0 to them.

Season hasn’t started but the idea of our first game and my anxiety already on the up… it’s been a wonderful few weeks but here we go…

No idea what midfield we gonna go with. Could be a whole new look but assume we will see the tried and tested when Dyche needs to shake it up.

I'm never confident on any game as were the most Jekyll and Hyde team ever.

BUT I'm gonna swing and say a dominant win here. Because I've got Brighton's new 27 year old gaffer as the first to get the boot.

Don't think Dyche wants to get shown up and I think Hurzeler is gonna struggle in big boy football

New season, the last at Goodison and starting against a team with a foreign, inexperienced manager. I fully expect us to get off to a strong start to give us optimism for the rest of the season. And in that vein, I think we’ll dominate the ninety minutes, with a couple of late goals ensuring a brave 2-0 defeat.

UTFT!

Ridiculously, against all evidence, I’m excited about this season. Sensible head says 0-1 and finishing 16th, positive head is telling me 2-0 and 10th.

Use the Force Blues, use the Force

Reasons to be positive:
- We've won the last 5 competitive matches at Goodison to nil
- Dyches record against Brighton is good
- Their managers first game in the PL, atmosphere should be good, last opener at Goodison etc

Pickford

Young
Tarks
O'Brien
Myko

Gana
Iroegbunam

Harrison
N'Diaye
McNeil

DCL

Subs (Assuming no one back) - Virginia Holgate Dixon Armstrong Doucoure Lindstrom Maupay Beto

* I think Harrison will be needed on the right to help out Young with Mitoma, Lindstrom can offer us an option off the bench
* Would bench Doucoure for this, N'Diaye the better option on the ball, and works hard enough
No way Dyche takes Doucoure out if this side, even though he should be dropped.

If he has to start Tim I think he starts Keane at CB, he won`t be fielding 2 or 3 debutants in the starting XI, he plays it safe in his own mind.

Team to start (Predicatbly)

Pickford

Young
Tarks
Keane
Myko

Harrison
Doucoure
Gana
Iroegbunam
McNeil

DCL

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back