Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Ndiaye 63'

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Beto 76'

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Holgate 85'

Votes: 5 2.2%

• Total voters
This game/This seaon, will start 50 years to the day that my lovely dad took me to my first game at Goodison (Yep I am an old git)

0-0 v Derby County, 17 August 1974

I sat in the Upper Park End stand, and that is long gone now. When we kick off v Brighton on Saturday it will be the beginning of the end of the ground that we all know so well, so many memories, and so many family members and friends who we enjoyed time with at games have now left us. For me, and I expect many others, this will be an emotional season as we get nearer to that final game.

On Saturday, I will be sitting in the Park End, Underneath the stand I sat with my pops that wonderful day 50 years ago. He is no longer with us, but I hope he is looking down as just before kick off I am going to say "Thanks dad", for making me a Bluenose.

If this story is too soppy, so what? I am a soppy git!

COYB

I think a huge chance to win the game will depend on how he sets us up. I think Ndiaye would give us better ball retention, the unknown, a bit of flair and negate how defensive minded Harrison and Mcneil will be.

If he starts Doucoure then we know possession and attacking threat is secondary to being more defensively robust and we'll be looking to grind out a result with minimum possession and rely on set pieces

I think Lindstrom will be on the bench, I think Tim will make the starting 11, I think Keane will play ahead of Jake O'brien if he's fit.

We've got huge weak spots with Young certain to start so we can guarantee Harrisons best work will be covering him.

….noticed this on Betfair Sports Book banner, obviously a few have requested it for it to be prominently displayed;

IMG_9940.jpeg

Are we really all thinking Keane will start? I criticise Dyche a lot when it comes to team selection, but surely we haven't signed big Jake for him to be 4th in the pecking order. Don't think he would have agreed to join if that was the case.

Also want to put him in my fpl team as can see him bagging a debut goal from a set piece.

I think a huge chance to win the game will depend on how he sets us up. I think Ndiaye would give us better ball retention, the unknown, a bit of flair and negate how defensive minded Harrison and Mcneil will be.

If he starts Doucoure then we know possession and attacking threat is secondary to being more defensively robust and we'll be looking to grind out a result with minimum possession and rely on set pieces

I think Lindstrom will be on the bench, I think Tim will make the starting 11, I think Keane will play ahead of Jake O'brien if he's fit.

We've got huge weak spots with Young certain to start so we can guarantee Harrisons best work will be covering him.
Big Tim is the only one making the starting 11 out of the new boys.

I also think he will start with Keane over big Obey. Pffft

Horrible little team to play Brighton. As much as we could do them. They are a side who could put 2 or 3 past us. Shame Mitoma is back playing for them.
No idea how this one goes.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back