• Beto 76'

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Holgate 85'

Votes: 5 2.2%

• Total voters
Reasons to be positive:
- We've won the last 5 competitive matches at Goodison to nil
- Dyches record against Brighton is good
- Their managers first game in the PL, atmosphere should be good, last opener at Goodison etc

Pickford

Young
Tarks
O'Brien
Myko

Gana
Iroegbunam

Harrison
N'Diaye
McNeil

DCL

Subs (Assuming no one back) - Virginia Holgate Dixon Armstrong Doucoure Lindstrom Maupay Beto

* I think Harrison will be needed on the right to help out Young with Mitoma, Lindstrom can offer us an option off the bench
* Would bench Doucoure for this, N'Diaye the better option on the ball, and works hard enough

If Keane is fit, he'll start ahead of O'Brien sadly - same with Doucs ahead of N'Diaye. Dyche constantly goes on about preferring players who have played in the Prem before and wanting to ease new and younger (which seems to be anyone under 30!!) players in etc... Branthwaite seems to have been an exception to his usual rule, so there is a small glimmer of hope.

If Keane is fit, he'll start ahead of O'Brien sadly - same with Doucs ahead of N'Diaye. Dyche constantly goes on about preferring players who have played in the Prem before and wanting to ease new and younger (which seems to be anyone under 30!!) players in etc... Branthwaite seems to have been an exception to his usual rule, so there is a small glimmer of hope.
There is no reason to say Keane would start over O’Brien, Keane is not a Dyche favourite anymore

I fear Doucoure will likely start because he is a Dyche favourite right now but he’ll quickly lose his place the way Keane did to Branthwaite because the new lads will be more impactful

With Garner being out I actually think Dyche will go with Ndiaye or Lindstrom in the number 10 role. I'm preparing myself to be deeply disappointed though
I think we’d all like to see it, especially with the difference when Ndiaye came on for Doucoure but it’ll be Doucoure until one of the new lads starts scoring/assisting as subs and Doucoure isn’t

Gonna be angry when Dyche starts with his mates instead of the best players.

Ndiaye should be in over Doucoure in account of Doucoure being mostly awful last season, and O'Brien has to be in ahead of Keane in defence.

I'd also suggest Patterson should start over Young simply because he's as bad as Young is, but ought to be physically fitter and less likely to cause a calamity in defence.
Don't let @davek see that.

Agreed with those suggesting he’ll start Doucourè , I think he trusts him and the stats support him important to the side in recent seasons . Not saying I would but think the manager will. Not sure Keane is in the same boat and I’d expect the new lad to start although I’d be less confident on that .
I think he will go with Keane with JB out. Unfortunately.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back