Match Thread Everton vs Chelsea - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we look decent generally.

Chelsea are quite good and we're in it.
I agree we look decent. Chelsea are nothing like as good as I expected them to be so far. We're unlucky to be a goal down at half time and unfortunately I think we'll struggle to get back into this match, but I'm not completely discouraged for the season to come. Especially with a few more signings in.

Tactically I think we've been good and it's a shame we are losing because people will just see the result and think Lampard is [Poor language removed] rather than noticing the individual mistakes. With a couple of signings I reckon we could have a relatively decent season.

DCL would have made a huge difference here with some of the long balls getting them down for Gray and Gordon.

Need more from Docuoure Iwobi McNeill to support them going forward. We’ve crafted decent situations just been really sloppy.

Can people stop catastrophising after 45 minutes against one of the best teams in Europe who have pretty much their strongest 11 available whilst all our strikers are injured. We matched up to them absolutely fine.

We’re not in deep deep trouble after 45 minutes of game one of the season ffs.
Aye I thought we were alright given the circumstances, just lost our shape and discipline a bit towards the end

I think we need to bring Deli on for Gray, not been his day.
Played well, solid enough , obviously lacking a striker , but created a couple of chances a seasoned forward could have taken.
Shame to have conceded but I wouldn't write this of just yet.

Can people stop catastrophising after 45 minutes against one of the best teams in Europe who have pretty much their strongest 11 available whilst all our strikers are injured. We matched up to them absolutely fine.

We’re not in deep deep trouble after 45 minutes of game one of the season ffs.
TBF it's been very encouraging.

Unluckily we have no real striker or this is 1-1.

Oh my god.

Yes it should’ve been flagged but officials are being briefed to let the game run and flag late with VAR being able to back them up. Not saying that’s right in this situation but you can accept that they’re going to do that.

It was a penalty. Despite what some of you think it is possible for Everton to concede a penalty without it being “corruption”. We’re Evertonians not Kopites, we’re better than this.
Yeah you can’t mount someone inside the box and not expect to give a pen away.

We are playing better but it's all pointless if we continue to make these stupid mistakes seemingly every game that cost us. We will never properly improve until we eradicate the majority of them.
Also Gray isn't very good. Can hit a cross occasionally but simply refuses to do the basic passing & has to [Poor language removed] about.
Gordon looks shattered already.
Didn’t Mourinho do a big study that showed mistakes were the major difference and that eliminating these makes the biggest difference to results?

Status
Not open for further replies.