Match Thread Everton vs Chelsea - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Let's call it as it was.... Sterling took a dive, the ref should have booked him, and only he knows why he didn't.

There is a country mile between a player losing their balance and simulation, just about every player facing their own goal even if there is even limited contact goes down and that in line with the laws of the game is a booking. Chillwell is particularly guilty of it but he is far from alone in that .

Do I think Sterling is guilty at times of simulation? Yep he is. I probably won’t think that so much now that he plays for us but at most yesterday the ref shouldn’t have given a foul but I genuinely think he was falling but hey it’s football and we all have opinions and all tend it though our open bias

LOL

Really?

He didnt win a header, he didnt hold up a single ball.

He was beyond bad.
He won a flick on in the first half to play in Gray but the defender had it. He was unlucky and will be kicking himself for missing the header from the cross but he showed good springs. Also he held the ball up and worked the channel that was a 50/50 for doucoure to have a shot or the defender to clear from the low cross/pass Gordon delivered.

Still disappointed we couldn’t execute when we had the couple of chances, but especially disappointed in the penalty that put Chelsea up 1-0. I think we are a better team than last season and we still have, hopefully, Gana, Onana, Coady, and a striker coming in. I don’t believe this team will do anything too amazing but I believe we will be in a much more comfortable spot.

Obviously they were the better team overall but disappointed we didn't get something. Squandered some very good positions.

With the upcoming re-enforcements I think we'll be OK. Not great, but OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.