Match Thread Everton 2-0 Liverpool - Chat, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Free hit

The following three fixtures are all more winnable

As long as we avoid a hiding on Wednesday, I'll forgive whatever approach Dyche takes

Yesterday's win has relieved the pressure a lot. We now just need to get over the line and we have a few fixtures we can target for that - Liverpool need to win to keep their title hopes alive, so they'll be at it. Put a shift in, avoid a hammering and I'll be happy to move onto Saturday whatever the score is.

Same tactics as at the swamp I reckon. In fairness that could well have worked had Keane not been his usual idiotic self, was 0-0 with 15 minutes left and them not really showing much idea how to break down the 10 men.

Get on Konate aswell if he's playing as was a joke he avoided the second yellow and Klopp knew it subbing him off a minute later.

Young at RB will remain a big issue in this one, that's the problem.

Would love young chermiti or Danjuma to make an absolute mug of the over rated, self proclaimed best centre back in the known universe.
And the ref has the guts to actually card him when he continually obstructs, fouls and literally throws opponents out of the way when hes struggling. You can chuck Arnold, Konate, Robertson into that trolley too

Unlike in the 90s, Liverpool have done a great job of raising their game in this fixture since the early 2000s. They're so rarely off it when they play against us. You throw in the fact they're a far better team and it's made for two very painful decades.

Started to change in 2000. Didn't Westerveld kick the ball against someone in the last minute but it was disallowed because they hadn't retreated 10 yards, have a hunch it was Don Hutchinson?

Then the next season actually do get a last minute penalty for something which Unsworth converts. They then get a free kick near the corner flag, Paul Gerrard is busy waving at his Mum in the crowd (the flipping idiot) and Gary McAlister stops it and expertly curls it into the far corner to steal the game.

That's when it turned and bar the odd good result under Moyes it's been very very poor for 25 years which is ridiculous.

What would the best set-up be to try and grind out a 0-0?
Even that is pretty much impossible, only a handful of times in the last few years where they haven't scored at Anfield.

I met the derby ref yesterday

IMG_20240421_191029959.jpg

GK - Pickford
RB - Garner
CB - Tarkowski
CB - Branthwaite
LB - Mykolenko
CM - Gueye
CM - Doucoure
CM - Onana
LWS - Mcneil
RWS - Harrison
ST - DCL

433, stifle them, out work them, out run them, win your personal battles and then help your teammates win theirs.
That's probably about the best team he could pick at the moment, he won't though, Evergreen Ashley Or Godfrey will get the nod at right back if Coleman isn't fit.

Started to change in 2000. Didn't Westerveld kick the ball against someone in the last minute but it was disallowed because they hadn't retreated 10 yards, have a hunch it was Don Hutchinson?

Then the next season actually do get a last minute penalty for something which Unsworth converts. They then get a free kick near the corner flag, Paul Gerrard is busy waving at his Mum in the crowd (the flipping idiot) and Gary McAlister stops it and expertly curls it into the far corner to steal the game.

That's when it turned and bar the odd good result under Moyes it's been very very poor for 25 years which is ridiculous.
I remember the McAlister one it was a free kick to them as the ref walks away he moves the ball further forward
And you know the rest

That's probably about the best team he could pick at the moment, he won't though, Evergreen Ashley Or Godfrey will get the nod at right back if Coleman isn't fit.

Godfrey is dreadful and I think we know if they see Young in the team they'll instantly target him. Garner has shown he can be disciplined in that position and I'd 100% put him in.

Like you though mate, I think he'll persist with Young on Wednesday.

GK - Pickford
RB - Garner
CB - Tarkowski
CB - Branthwaite
LB - Mykolenko
CM - Gueye
CM - Doucoure
CM - Onana
LWS - Mcneil
RWS - Harrison
ST - DCL

433, stifle them, out work them, out run them, win your personal battles and then help your teammates win theirs.
Yep that's the team I would go with for the Derby. Garners not a RB but is better there than Young who is an accident waiting to happen.

Gomes adds something in midfield but is too slow on the ball and for this game we need to be athletic and physical.