Match Thread Everton 2-0 Liverpool - Chat, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Free hit

The following three fixtures are all more winnable

As long as we avoid a hiding on Wednesday, I'll forgive whatever approach Dyche takes

Yesterday's win has relieved the pressure a lot. We now just need to get over the line and we have a few fixtures we can target for that - Liverpool need to win to keep their title hopes alive, so they'll be at it. Put a shift in, avoid a hammering and I'll be happy to move onto Saturday whatever the score is.

Draw would be a fantastic result. We are a terrible team but with a 6 point cushion on Luton and a 5 point cushion on Forest at the very least we would be a terrible premier league team for at least another year. A draw would hurt their title push as well which is always a bonus.

Not watched a derby since the Origi one where I left the house just before he scored thinking it was a draw, the law of averages must mean we win one sometime ffs, we must have one of the worst local derby records out there. Would be tempted to put Garner at RB, move Doucoure to the middle and maybe Gomez in the advanced midfield role - this would all be meaningless if we just hoof it obviously

Why can't we just have a normal fluke game in a derby where we get battered but keep them out (we do that regularly enough at home)

But also get a cheap goal from a mistake or a corner or they stupidly give us a penalty or hand us the upper hand from a red card or something

Why can't we just have a normal fluke game in a derby where we get battered but keep them out (we do that regularly enough at home)

But also get a cheap goal from a mistake or a corner or they stupidly give us a penalty or hand us the upper hand from a red card or something
I got loads of RS mates, and I keep saying before every derby I honestly cannot think of any more ludicrous ways we can lose these games, red cards, own goals, freak goals, penalties, dodgy refs, last minute goals, bad luck you name it ... but each time a new more ridiculous way comes along. The Origi/Pickford one was it for me watching derbies, took me years to watch one after the Clattenberg Goodison one

I got loads of RS mates, and I keep saying before every derby I honestly cannot think of any more ludicrous ways we can lose these games, red cards, own goals, freak goals, penalties, dodgy refs, last minute goals, bad luck you name it ... but each time a new more ridiculous way comes along. The Origi/Pickford one was it for me watching derbies, took me years to watch one after the Clattenberg Goodison one

Would be a great Derby to throw us up a bit of luck for once

Free hit

The following three fixtures are all more winnable

As long as we avoid a hiding on Wednesday, I'll forgive whatever approach Dyche takes

Yesterday's win has relieved the pressure a lot. We now just need to get over the line and we have a few fixtures we can target for that - Liverpool need to win to keep their title hopes alive, so they'll be at it. Put a shift in, avoid a hammering and I'll be happy to move onto Saturday whatever the score is.

I get the sentiment because it's probably where I am too, but it's so depressing to see so many of us just hoping we avoid a hiding. We no longer expect to compete. Just a game to chalk off in the hope we don't seriously embarrass ourselves. Has to be the darkest time in our history.

Unlike in the 90s, Liverpool have done a great job of raising their game in this fixture since the early 2000s. They're so rarely off it when they play against us. You throw in the fact they're a far better team and it's made for two very painful decades.