Everton vs Sevilla Match Report and MotM Poll...

Everton Man of the Match

• Jordan Pickford

Votes: 114 53.3%
  • Michael Keane

Votes: 27 12.6%
  • Mason Holgate

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Davy Klaassen

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Morgan Schneiderlin

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Votes: 6 2.8%
  • Wayne Rooney

Votes: 5 2.3%
  • Sandro Ramirez

Votes: 21 9.8%
  • Ademola Lookman

Votes: 23 10.7%
  • Phil Jagielka

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Leighton Baines

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Tom Davies

Votes: 12 5.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reflecting on the opposition for a moment and the obvious talents of Ever Banega... did anyone else find the left sided Correa quite a tasty player?

Had pace, dribbling skills and even a bit of snide given the elbow to the throat of Schneiderlin ahead of his little flare up with Klaassen.

I feel that Pickford and Keane could very well end up the signings of the season in the Premier League. No doubt in my mind they save us from dropping a good 10-15 points next season. Just need that frontline to get used to playing together and we could be onto something!

Pickford, Keane & Sandro the standouts for me. Besic, Lookman & Kenny lively when they were introduced, as were Martina and Mirallas down the left. Rooney did alright in the first half.

Slightly concerned over Morgan, hasn't looked his usual classy self.

but it wasn't a pen. ref was wrong.

Tend to agree with this, I was sat right in line with the edge of the penalty area and the tackle was just outside, but the Sevilla player conveniently was goalside of Barry so fell in the box - ref was wrong, but his giving the penalty was understandable.

If Morgan hasn't played his way out of the starting lineup come next weekend you'd be questioning RK.

Get that he's a gifted player etc, but he's been the worst of the central midfielders through pre season and Gana and Davies should deserve to start against Stoke given their better form.
I think MS should be the first name on the team-sheet as he makes us tick over. However, you’re right. He hasn’t played well in preseason at all. Some players don’t play well until they’re in a competitive game, hopefully this is the case with him. If he’s just out of form he has a o be dropped for Tom Davies. If not it sends out the wrong message to other players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back