Match Thread Everton vs Wolves - Preview, Report and MotM Poll

Your Everton MOTM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Frank Lampard says Everton fans have every right to boo the team off after his team slipped to another defeat at Goodison Park
?

Disgraceful performance.

Once they scored the player's gave up.

To much passing backwards even in the dying minutes when we were desperate for a goal.

Utter cowardice in challenges.

I'm not surprised by Kenny's sending off. He was flying into challenges because he's so far of the standard of this league. I'm not just picking on him. Other than Gordon the rest showed nothing.

Why insist on playing out from the back when as soon as the defenders get it they lump it aimlessly upfield?

That formation didn't help and at no time did we look like scoring. Wolves weren't even any good but we let them walk through us.

Sickening that today. Feels like a watershed occasion and not in a good way.
To be fair Holgate did insist on taking a few touches before tapping it backwards or punting it aimlessly (n). They're not great on the ball and the midfielders seemed to very rarely actively show for or demand it.

Definitely a first for me today thinking we may well be relegated.

What has been evident for a long time now is that we just haven't had a holding midfielder to sit and screen in front of the defence etc. Allan was excellent vs Man City and has had a few games like that but he lacks mobility and seems to always be carrying some sort of knock. Some of the first touches by Doucoure today were almosy unbelievable! So poor. Desperate times.
They have just given up,have been too bad for way too long.

To be fair Holgate did insist on taking a few touches before tapping it backwards or punting it aimlessly (n). They're not great on the ball and the midfielders seemed to very rarely actively show for or demand it.

Definitely a first for me today thinking we may well be relegated.

It was such a nothing performance. Devoid of spirit.

I haven't really thought to much about relegation but I don't know where the next goal is coming from let alone win.

We've amassed a squad of overpaid average players with little fight in them.

Richy could have scored 3….
Well he definitely should have done better with early chance, the two other occasions he was offside well before he attempted those chances to add to other times he was offside because he just doesn’t look across the line to see where he is, does it every game.

Watched Lampard’s post match interviews and he smiles a couple of times but it looks like a smile out of desperation or exasperation. The man looks like a hostage.

He already looks out of his depth in some respects, just got to hope that he grows into the job and we can grow with him but this team are a car crash and I don’t think any of these players have the right mix of ability and mentality to turn things round.

The lowest of the low today for me

Is it just me, or does anyone else think Deli Ali looks like he's running through sea water?

His legs are completely gone, those injuries wrecked him. Mentioned it before but it's astounding we've signed him tbh. Him and Townsend would be outpaced in Walking football.

We are genuinely the slowest team in the league by an absolutely mile

Status
Not open for further replies.