Everton Youth Teams Thread

Hagan and Kristensen never really got a sniff at u23 level so no surprises there. Garcia had good moments but never really looked like doing much either.

Hughes is the interesting one for me. Often drifted out of games but his set piece delivery alone made him a pretty regular fixture under Unsworth. There's an easy comparison to make with Sigurdsson imo. Will be interesting to see if that dead ball ability will be enough to get him a pro career.
I feel sorry for Garcia as there is clear ability there, but there is also an obvious issue with injuries which at a young age doesn't bode well for the future.

Bobble mentioned on that pod that the U23's manager is done and "don't look too far from home".

Would be shocked if Tait just isn't moved up. Done well with the U18's and the players all love working under him.
There's a rumour it's an ex player for us who already divides opinion (I don't know who it is myself). With this knowledge I guess Alan Stubbs

Possibly. For me I think we should always follow the model of switching the youth coaches around the age groups like they do at top European sides.
Wouldn't be against it either but feel that would put the really good ones off if they had to drop down age groups.

There's a rumour it's an ex player for us who already divides opinion (I don't know who it is myself). With this knowledge I guess Alan Stubbs
Jose Baxter . Worked under Unsworth and Ebbrell last season and let’s remember that the job as advertised is “ Head Coach “ not manager , reporting to Ebbrell . Unless we change our minds again of course about reporting/ title then I can’t see anybody of the calibre of Stubbs , Carsley etc coming back to work under Ebbrell.

Jose Baxter . Worked under Unsworth and Ebbrell last season and let’s remember that the job as advertised is “ Head Coach “ not manager , reporting to Ebbrell . Unless we change our minds again of course about reporting/ title then I can’t see anybody of the calibre of Stubbs , Carsley etc coming back to work under Ebbrell.
Surely should be Tait if we are going internal. I don't see how anyone else would be better qualified.

Isn't Baxter meant to be quite highly regarded as a coach?

I swear Unsworth was meant to be once upon a time.

It could be Dunc if he hasn't found a long term place in Frank's coaching staff.

To be fair mate, Unsworth did win a couple of titles so have to commend him there.

When ego overtakes the greater good though you have a problem, and that seemed to be the case with Rhino.

The caveat when I was saw it was the fella said he thought he done well for us, which I thought ruled out Nicky Chadwick and Baxter. Maybe Lescott?

Don't think it'll be Carsley myself but Stubbs has had a fall from grace managerially. Maybe he just wants fancies the academy job again.