Everton Youth Teams Thread

Quick question: are the U18 games at Finch Farm officially closed to the public or are Everton just discouraging people from attending? It would be great if I could catch the academy game too while I'm in Liverpool.

Just on the Derby by game, to me it was clear they decided to shore up the U18s as the results had been disastrous. Couldn't bring back many of last years crop but the exceptional Evans could go down an age group.

I don't know if it's the right thing to do as he has been playing the age above for 2 seasons already, ahead of Delial etc. Don't know if it means Evans is not up with the new big dog u23s sporting this year.

Just on the Derby by game, to me it was clear they decided to shore up the U18s as the results had been disastrous. Couldn't bring back many of last years crop but the exceptional Evans could go down an age group.

I don't know if it's the right thing to do as he has been playing the age above for 2 seasons already, ahead of Delial etc. Don't know if it means Evans is not up with the new big dog u23s sporting this year.

they will probably mix it up over the season. the u23s are very strong already, some of last yrs top u18s like broadhead have barely had a kick this season.

Right people,dont forget

Everton U23 v Man Utd U23 LIVE ON MUTV monday night meaning LIVE ON THE NET

EVERTON U23s

Hewelt, Jones, Connolly, Kenny, Holgate, Davies, Walsh, Dowell, Niasse, Calvert-Lewin, Dyson.
SUBS: Gray, C.Duffus, Charsley, Henen, Williams.

MAN UTD U23s

S Johnstone, Williams, Tuanzebe (C), Poole, Riley, Scott, Redmond, El Fitouri, Harrop, Hamilton, Willock.
SUBS : Moutha-Sebtaoui, O'Connor, Olosunde, Kehinde, Mitchell.

and then you have tubes like niasse taking up a spot broadhead could use:

#EFCU23 v @ManUtd: Hewelt, Jones, Connolly, Kenny, Holgate, Davies, Walsh, Dowell, Niasse, Calvert-Lewin, Dyson. #EFC
substitutes: Gray, C.Duffus, Charsley, Henen, Williams.

good to see williams back on the bench
Yeah made me smile seeing Williams back, long way to go to get back to last season's form and then progress but good luck to him.

1.0 lewin

Lewin seems to have begun his Everton career well. We needed him last year as there was a clear gap for a striker. This year he is keeping out broadhead and Brewster. But hey they need to just be better!

That is a very very talented side !!! Almost any of them have been touted to crack the first team.. Except Niasse who is just wasting a spot! They need to keep him fit to be able to sell him off though.

Lewin seems to have begun his Everton career well. We needed him last year as there was a clear gap for a striker. This year he is keeping out broadhead and Brewster. But hey they need to just be better!

That is a very very talented side !!! Almost any of them have been touted to crack the first team.. Except Niasse who is just wasting a spot! They need to keep him fit to be able to sell him off though.
I've been impressed by Lewin. Walsh and Davies have done well as well. But Niasse is dreadful and we are just wasting the chance to get others in by playing him. Time to bite the bullet on that one