Everton Youth Teams Thread

I see no reason why it wont last for a very long time.

I mean over time the Premier League teams will keep spending vast sums, which will mean they are in fact sharing the wealth.

I mean they wont continue to dominate European comps as much as they did last season, but its gonna take a long time till any other league even comes close.

I honestly think last year was the start of era now were English clubs will dominate in Europe, infact if we were in the Europa League i would reckon we would have a better chance winning that than the FA Cup or The League Cup

No details on the squad that went to la manga?
Looking at the players in the background of the Unsy video i could only see 12 outfield players , maybe the GKs are training separately. That’s not a lot if you’ve matches incorporated, so I may be wrong. Then I counted thirteen individually at different times! Ones I could see were:
Kyle John, Con Ouzounidis, Joe Anderson , Matty Foulds defenders
Alex Denny , Einar Iversen, Bobby Carroll, Mackenzie Hunt, Antony Evans , midfielders.
Ellis Simms, Manasse Mampala, Anthony Gordon , Kieran Phillips.(? Not sure) attackers.

I couldn’t see Korede Adeydoyin, one I would have expected to have been there

Last edited:

Looking at the players in the background of the Unsy video i could only see 12 outfield players , maybe the GKs are training separately. That’s not a lot if you’ve matches incorporated, so I may be wrong. Then I counted thirteen individually at different times! Ones I could see were:
Alex Denny , Einar Iversen, Bobby Carroll, Mackenzie Hunt, Antony Evans , midfielders.
Ellis Simms, Manasse Mampala, Anthony Gordon , Kieran Phillips.(? Not sure) attackers.

He was in a Nigeria international squad for a youth tournament so probably joining later, I don't think any of the others you mention were, maybe Ellis Simms but I don't think he played.

How long are we out there for? maybe some of ones in Kenya will be out to join them if its over a week
Edit.
Just watched the interview, only a week so highly unlikely

Last edited:
I have no idea how good Gordon actually is but seeing as he's a #10 and we don't have a backup there (unless Dowell stays maybe), it might have been nice to see him in the first team for a bit of preseason. He's meant to be really good I thought.

I've got to think Evans, Mampala and Foulds are on their last legs at the club. Mampala hasn't played hardly at all, Evans loans haven't worked and Foulds seems to have made little progress lately and been passed by Gibson and Feeney. They could all leave by summers end.

I have no idea how good Gordon actually is but seeing as he's a #10 and we don't have a backup there (unless Dowell stays maybe), it might have been nice to see him in the first team for a bit of preseason. He's meant to be really good I thought.

I've got to think Evans, Mampala and Foulds are on their last legs at the club. Mampala hasn't played hardly at all, Evans loans haven't worked and Foulds seems to have made little progress lately and been passed by Gibson and Feeney. They could all leave by summers end.

Mampala has literally just sighed his first contract with the club.

No, he signed a 1 year extension, his first pro contract was done an year ago. The Big Iguana is absolutely correct that 1 year extensions, like Mampala and Foulds got, do not inspire much confidence in these lads - after all, if they go out on loan and do well, their loan club can just promise them better terms if they leave Everton on a free at the end of the season. I suspect that Foulds and Mampala will make up the numbers for the U23s after the expected loan exodus and will be released next year.