Everton Youth Teams Thread

We were actually really good tonight but didn’t have a proper striker in the squad unfortunately.

Take a CB out and play a striker next time. I know there wasn't one to play but I think the u23s should always match the first team system wise so any that do get a chance further up can just slide right in. I'm hoping Dobbins absence is due to first team involvement but I'm like you not convinced Cannon should be anywhere near the first team.

Take a CB out and play a striker next time. I know there wasn't one to play but I think the u23s should always match the first team system wise so any that do get a chance further up can just slide right in. I'm hoping Dobbins absence is due to first team involvement but I'm like you not convinced Cannon should be anywhere near the first team.

But we couldn’t take a defender out and put a striker in… lol

I’m not laughing I just thought your suggestion for dropping a CB for a ST whilst admitting we didn’t have a ST was bizarre. Garcia is no better equipped up top than Whitaker. Less so probably.

I said next time in my original post which I thought would have been understood as next game when we hopefully have some sort of striker available. However I've been misunderstood before so I guess it's how I write things. I was thinking more of Garcia in the number 10 or moving Hughes inside. Maybe had McAllister at 10. Anything but 5 at the back for me as it just seems to lose every game at every level. Particularly when the LWB is a CB by trade.

Why is our reserves manager playing a young centre back up top. How is this helpful in developing players
He went up for injury time when we had a striker sent off and they had two players sent off, think it’s a bit much to moan about that.

Saw the last half hour and we played some good football just not really a dominant forward in there to score goals

We are

Attachments

• received_6088039129103908-e1540415432355-1080x675.jpeg
    received_6088039129103908-e1540415432355-1080x675.jpeg
    80.5 KB · Views: 48